1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Gallien-Krueger 810RBX impedance misprint???

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Umbra_armanis, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Umbra_armanis

Umbra_armanis

Hi Guys,

First post on these forums as it is the first time I've not been able to find the info I need!

I will be selling my GK 810RBX cab very soon (days/weeks) and while writing up the specifications I noted that mine is 8 ohm.
    While doing some price comparison I have noticed that I can only find info on 4 ohm models. I managed to find a thread on some bass forum where someone else had noticed the same thing and written to GK and they did the standard "Misprint" response. I have not been able to find an owners manual that refers to an 8 ohm model either.

My question is has anyone else on this forum come across this before? If so please post as I am selling and do not want to misrepresent as it could have consequences for whomever buys it, not to mention that this is an information black hole I have spent all morning researching.

Cheers!
  2. christw

christw Always searching for the right Ric... Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: J Worrell Bass
    I've never heard of an 8 ohm 810. Test it with a multimeter. Plug in a speaker cable and touch red to tip amd black to sleeve. Resistance should show in the 5-7 ohms range for an 8 ohm model and around 3 ohms for a 4 ohm cab.