Gallien-Krueger 810RBX impedance misprint???

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Umbra_armanis, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Umbra_armanis

Umbra_armanis

Hi Guys,

First post on these forums as it is the first time I've not been able to find the info I need!

I will be selling my GK 810RBX cab very soon (days/weeks) and while writing up the specifications I noted that mine is 8 ohm.
    While doing some price comparison I have noticed that I can only find info on 4 ohm models. I managed to find a thread on some bass forum where someone else had noticed the same thing and written to GK and they did the standard "Misprint" response. I have not been able to find an owners manual that refers to an 8 ohm model either.

My question is has anyone else on this forum come across this before? If so please post as I am selling and do not want to misrepresent as it could have consequences for whomever buys it, not to mention that this is an information black hole I have spent all morning researching.

Cheers!

2. christw

christw Get low!

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: J Worrell Bass
    I've never heard of an 8 ohm 810. Test it with a multimeter. Plug in a speaker cable and touch red to tip amd black to sleeve. Resistance should show in the 5-7 ohms range for an 8 ohm model and around 3 ohms for a 4 ohm cab.