1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Gallien Krueger is Awesome

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Joe Louvar, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

2. LAG

LAG Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Fan: Green bay Packers
    GK is back at the top of the food chain. Great sounding, reasonably priced and made in USA bass gear. Bravo!

3. Fullback32

Fullback32

I love their amps! MB800 owner here. Attached are two 410MBEs. I also have a MB210 combo.

4. wong99

wong99

Couldn't agree more.
    I own an MB500 and an MB800.
    Both are fantastic tools to help me shape my art.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle

No doubt about it, Gallien is doing things right. Excellent customer service, innovative USEFUL products.

It isn't just marketing, they are putting out the goods....

7. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks Supporting Member

Love the new look of the combos and powered cabs. I've been loving my '87 800RB. Its one bad mother of an amp!

8. wcriley

wcriley

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    Hey, RAG, if you're monitoring this thread:
    In the next design/redsign, how about making the 500Hz area cut/boost rather than cut only in the RB series.

9. topcat2069

topcat2069 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: GK Amps
    1001 RB II and two NEO 1X15s for the last 7 years, and it keeps on ticking :hyper:

10. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

+1 Stockton, CA USA. :)

11. hamfistUK

hamfistUK

new website still doesn't make available the manuals of a number of current models. Potentially lost one customer here.

12. Davyo

Davyo Davyo

The new website has not been up very long so Im sure its still a work in progress,,,,,, on my end Im very happy they published the new site even before all the new products have been released.

Not buying a GK product because they dont have the manuals on the new site yet seems a bit rash,,,, if you have some specific questions about one of their products just email them,, GK sales is very quick with email replies.

Cheers
    Davyo

13. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection. Supporting Member

Eh, they will probably add them. You could likely google a pdf version of the manuals.

I love my MB500 and an MB800. The only thing I would change is to move the low-mid hz from 250 to something like 150.

14. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

15. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

Wow. I'd love to try the new powered cabs... Too bad they don't have a tweeter with the 12" one. I'd love to match something like that with my Eden WTDI for modern tones and then switch out to a VT Bass for more old school Ampeg. With all the great pre-amp emulator pedals around now, and high end compressor pedals, a product that plays to the versatile player like these powered cabs and light weight make a lot of sense.

I think they're way ahead of the flock at GK. Still love my old RB800 but regrettably, it's long gone.

16. LAG

LAG Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Fan: Green bay Packers
    I just placed an order for a new MB200. I'm gonna be back in a GK! Looking forward to the little bugger instead of picking up another used 400rb.

Awesomeness.

17. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

One thing I really like about GK is that they are still owned by the same two guys who started the company all those years ago. I have tons of respect for that kind of thing.

18. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    According to the Wiki article, Rich Krueger is no longer with GK.

19. wong99

wong99

Yes, for sure.
    I am guessing that a manual comes with each and every product anyway. I know that they came with my amps.
    Not buying something because you can't get the manual on line does seem a little bit silly to me too.

20. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Krueger has been gone for years - but Bob is the main man anyway and he's still there, and the new webpage and amps look great.

21. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Damn.. well you know what I mean:D

Just good to see a company that started in the late 60's, is a stand a lone still and not owned by Fender or Gibson