Gallien-Krueger MB combos' looking to see a youtube of this in a live band situation

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Arnie, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Arnie

Arnie

I am really intrigued by the new line of GK MB combos' (and I think there is a next gen out now).. I have seen demos with people playing through them but I would love to see a vid where they are playing through one in a live situation to hear how it competes with the band.
  2. Todd GT5

Todd GT5 Supporting Member

Hello,
    Here's a link with one of our songs that gives a good sample of the tone and mix I'm getting. BTW, if you go to our other youtube videos all othem are with me using the GK MB212. I just picked up the MB410-II, so hopefully I will get some youtubes up with that soon.

-Todd
  3. Arnie

Arnie

I have to say I think your bass sounds great through that amp... And can't beat the weight of it!
  4. MNAirHead

MNAirHead

I have used the mb210 for the past 6 months ---- can keep up with a band zero issues
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. pgolliher

pgolliher

Here I am playing mine with the MBE 210 extension can with two Extremely ear spliting loud Marshall half stacks. Even with the extension cab, it's still only one trip from the car if I have my gig bag with back pack straps.

7. CPplaysBASS

CPplaysBASS Gold Supporting Member

Reluctant to post only because this is from last night with a "pick up" band with co-workers with almost no rehearsal, and it's evident ... lol Very informal. But as you'll hear, we're playing through crowd noise, I'm playing through my GK MB115 with no other support, and I can be heard no problem. Going from memory, but I think the gain was at about 40%, hi-mid was at about 75% with rest of EQ flat, boost at 50% and master at 60%. I'm quite happy with it personally.

8. Clever Moniker

Clever Moniker

Thanks for posting this link. I've been wondering how the MB115 would function in just this sort of setting and now I know. No apologies needed for your band - the partiers were obviously happy with you!
  9. scottfeldstein

scottfeldstein Supporting Member

Yeah, that really cuts through doesn't it? Nicely done.