1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

Gallien Krueger MB112 combo (trade for MB110?)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by EthanTheHeathen, Nov 27, 2013.

1. EthanTheHeathen

EthanTheHeathen

I have the older version of GK's awesome MB112 combo up for grabs. I love this amp, and it absolutely blows away every other combo in its size/price range. I'm just looking to get one of the series II combos so that I can use the Chain Out with their powered cabs. I'd gladly trade this straight up for an MB110 with Chain Out, but I'd also sell it for $230 shipped to the lower 48.

I'm out of town for the holiday and can't send pictures, but there's really not much to look at. It's just the older version with the silver grill, like this:

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1385586819.128351.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1385586834.778218.jpg

Send a pm if you're interested! I can upload actual pictures if you really want to see them. Mine is in great shape though. Only been out of the house a few times, no real blemishes.

2. EthanTheHeathen

EthanTheHeathen

For Twin Cities folks I'd do $200. Also, while I need the cash, I may consider partial trades (effects, etc.). I'll be picky, but it's worth a shot!

3. EthanTheHeathen

EthanTheHeathen

Bump in search of someone who bought an MB110, then realized they need more balls (but not the chain out feature), and now wants to trade me. :)

4. Monsterbator

Monsterbator

Would you ship to Canada?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. EthanTheHeathen

EthanTheHeathen

Sure would. I'd probably use the Post Office (I've had really bad luck using UPS to ship to Canada).

7. jobu3

jobu3 Supporting Member

Trade for a full tone Bassdrive? I have one id trade in the effects classifieds.

8. EthanTheHeathen

EthanTheHeathen

I thought some pics of the actual amp might help . . .

Attached Files:

9. EthanTheHeathen

EthanTheHeathen

Sorry, no idea why they're turned 90 degrees . . .

Attached Files:

10. EthanTheHeathen

EthanTheHeathen

Going to drop the price one last time, and here are some trade ideas:

Mb110 or mb112 series II combo
    Squier Bass VI
    Rickenbacker humbucker
    TC Electronic Ditto Looper
    TC Electronic Polytune Mini
    Iron Ether Oxide
    Iron Ether Subtarranea
    Electro Harmonix Superego
    Team Awesome Fuzz Machine
    Zvex Fat Fuzz Factory
    tiny but decent guitar amp (ZT lunchbox, Epiphone Valve Junior, etc)
    possibly other effects pedals.

I might also consider a small USB audio interface and/or microphone.

11. bthebass

bthebass Supporting Member

12. EthanTheHeathen

EthanTheHeathen

Ok folks, I've had a number of offers, so far all just below what I'd like to get for this. Just sending out a last call before moving on to eBay. Let me know if you're interested!

13. themarshall

themarshall

Kinda a shame the combo is apparently worth less than the head version on the used market :\

14. EthanTheHeathen

EthanTheHeathen

I know, I've been thinking the same thing! Maybe I should advertise it as an mb200 head built into a $50 speaker cab? What a deal!

15. EthanTheHeathen

EthanTheHeathen

Last one on eBay sold for $325 shipped, almost $100 more than mine! So . . . bump!

16. CerealKiller

CerealKiller

And there is one on there now for $225......that didn't sell last week and was reposted......

I gave you a valid offer, you could have at least responded......

.....but don't erroneously claim what this is going for on eBay......sheesh.

17. carl h.

carl h.

Bring it to the GTG this weekend, you might get lucky.

18. EthanTheHeathen

EthanTheHeathen

Holy crap, there's a gtg this weekend? I'm there! I have 3 little kids so I keep being too busy to make them, but they're off to see the grandparents in Moorhead for the weekend! I'll go find the details now.

19. EthanTheHeathen

EthanTheHeathen

Sorry I didn't get back to you more quickly, just waiting it out.

But "erroneous?" I simply stated what the last one sold for (which I admit is more than average, hence my much lower price). Did you read the description of the one that didn't sell? Here it is, and I believe that it explains why it didn't sell:

"Up for auction is an item I previously listed on Ebay. It is a used Gallien Kruger 200 Watt MB112 Bass Combo Amp. Also included with the amp is a leather amp cover. I recently had this amp repaired by Gallien Krueger because it cut out on me during a gig. I'm not exactly sure what the cause of it was. I'm guessing I may have been pushing the amp too much. This is a great amp for recording, rehearsals and small club gigs but I would not advise using it to play in large venues. Since I had the amp repaired I tested it out and it works fine but this problem has happened to me twice so please be advised that you are purchasing this amp at your own risk. If anything does go wrong with the amp I would suggest contacting Gallien Krueger."

And with shipping, at least to St. Paul, it is starting at $236.74, $6.74 more than I am asking for an amp that has always worked perfectly for me. I have come down a lot in my asking price, and I think it's a perfectly fair price.

Again, I apologize again for not being more prompt.

20. carl h.

carl h.

Whoops!! Got my groups confused. Buddy passed and a bunch of us are hanging. The TB/ bass mason gtg is 2/16.

Sorry about that.

21. EthanTheHeathen

EthanTheHeathen

That's ok. Hope I can make it in Feb, with or without the GK!