Gallien Krueger MB500 case

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by derylgallant, Mar 19, 2012.

1. derylgallant

derylgallant Bassist from Prince Edward Island, Canada Supporting Member

MB500 users ( or MB200 users too I suppose ) ... what have you been using to transport your MB500 ? I love that it fits in the front pocket of my Ritter gig bag but... I'm worried it'll either get banged around with other items I store in there or that there's a chance that accumulating dust or debris may get inside the head/fan

I know... I'm a worry-wart ... I just want to protect my baby! :)

I feel like there is probably a simple sleeve/box that it could go in for protection and then maybe put *that* in the pocket of the gig bag.
  2. lowendblues

lowendblues Supporting Member

3. mam1862

mam1862 Supporting Member

Try the GK store or RMC Audio.
  4. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist Supporting Member

The GigSkinz small mixer bag is awesome.

You do NOT want to carry an MB500 around in an unpadded case- especially if it is out of warranty. Trust me on this one.
    :bawl:
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. lomo

lomo passionate hack Gold Supporting Member

Well, it doesn't fit in my gigbag pocket anymore, but racking my MB800 has put a smile on my face. In a 4 space gator short rack I have the head, power strip, tuner and compressor. The whole shabang weighs 25 lbs and all I do is plug in and play :)
  7. BBox Bass

BBox Bass Supporting Member

My MB500 is in a rack case, but if you want a bag, hit your local thrift shop. I have found plenty of nice padded bags that hold all kinds of gear and haven't paid more than $5 for any one of them. A laptop bag will probably work great.
  8. sowegafly

sowegafly

Ditto on the laptop case... thats what I use for mine
  9. derylgallant

I'm in the process of making a case that is custom fitted ,,, I'll post pictures tomorrow when it's all done ...

I used a surprising source for the material .... A 3 ring binder ;)

I also bought a small tote bag for $15 that will be my new gear bag and hold the mb500 as well ...

I tried a couple laptop bags and couldn't find the right one
  10. derylgallant

The GigSkinz stuff looks awesome ...quality stuff... thanks for the suggestion. A bit pricey for now but will tuck that one away for the future.
  11. Otso

Otso

For my MB Fusion I bought a case that has a foam interior that you can cut into shape. So I have one case that holds the head and all the cables and other accessories I need to play a gig and the whole case weighs about as much as a normal SS head in a rack case.
  12. Z-Bass

Z-Bass

I was considering purchasing the gig bag that GK offers for this amp but I found an old HP laptop bag that works perfectly. It's larger than the amp but still provides snug fit and all the room for cables, footswitch, and other misc. items. That's one of the nice things about this amp is the options for transporting.
  13. odin70

odin70

I use a very nice laptop bag. Made of leather and i got i almost for free. Perfect match.
  14. bombpop14

bombpop14

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist Ampeg Amps
  15. derylgallant

Ok .. I went a little wacky... but I like control... every bag I found I felt like there was a chance it may get banged around or scratched or whatever... so I made my own rugged sleeve to fit over the MB500.... really high tech... A $5 binder and foil duct tape :)

I took pictures along the way ..

https://plus.google.com/photos/105664729346804117947/albums/5722135705851854737

but here's the final product...

Attached Files:

16. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist Supporting Member

Alert! The OLD GigSkinz bags are awesome. They are now selling craptastic unpadded vinyl gym bags for the same prices. The new ones are black, with red trim. Not cool, GigSkinz... not cool. :mad:
  17. mikecd1

mikecd1 Supporting Member

Saw this SKB one space rack bag and think it might be a good one for the amp and at 50 bucks is pretty cheap. Its a one space rack bag designed for a wireless unit, but with rack ears would easily fit the MB 500.

[​IMG]
  18. rockamimjazz

rockamimjazz

Another vote here for a laptop bag. My MB200 fits perfectly in one of divided pockets and the other pockets are great for storing a tuner, power cord, speakon cables, etc.
  19. MisterFabulous

MisterFabulous

20. Otso

Otso

Didn't have a camera with me, but the pic taken with my old phone will do. It's not packed up with all the stuff I'd take to a gig, the holes are for a tuner pedal and a power source for it. Usually in the case:
    -The head
    -power, speaker and footswitch cable
    -the footswitch, a tuner pedal with power source
    -3 instrument cables
    -an instrument stand
    -an extension cord

Of course the case will weigh a bit when full, but I like too keep things in order and well protected. :D

Attached Files:

21. nervous

nervous Supporting Member

This:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]