1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Gallien Krueger NEO610 Cab

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by GretschBassist, Apr 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GretschBassist

GretschBassist

Why doesn't this exist? The market for lightweight 610's isn't exactly stuffed with options but there is quite a big demand, isn't it?

A lot of people love those Ashdown ABM 610's but they weight like 105lbs which is not exactly light weight...
    (Not that it is advertised as such, I'm just saying.)

Would you try out a GK NEO610 if it was available?

2. SteveHeissner

SteveHeissner

Hell yes. I've been thinking the same thing for quite some time. Maybe resort to another brand like Schroeder.

3. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

Great question. I would trade my pair of 410 NEO cabs for a 610 NEO in a hurry.

4. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Because GK would have to order custom drivers that are only used in that cab to make it a 4 Ohm cab. They have 10" drivers in their 410's and 810's that are the same 8 Ohm drivers. So it is probably a case of them not wanting to order a stack load of custom order drivers for a small volume product.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. GretschBassist

GretschBassist

Hmm, 78lbs... not bad, not bad! $1,500 plus shipping to Europe, plus 20% VAT, plus 7% duty would be too much though. That's a bit unrealistic, seems like a great cab though!

7. GretschBassist

GretschBassist

I hear they're makin' them drivers at home now?

8. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Have lds build you one using eminence basslite s2010 drivers. It will be around 6 ohms, very light weight, sound great and be affordable.

9. CL400Peavey

Then they would have to commit production to limited runs. All comes down to there not being enough perceived demand for the 610.

10. Jwood

Jwood Supporting Member

I was thinking how cool a 610NEO would be just yesterday. I just figured the 412NEO fills that spot.

11. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member

Because

1) CL400Peavey has it right: Need custom 10s

2) The GK NEO 412 kicks sas ... period. LOVE mine

12. GretschBassist

GretschBassist

1) So what? That happens, you wanna make a product, you gotta buy the sh*t to make it.

2) It certainly does! But it is not everyone's taste. I could live with both if need be :D

13. CL400Peavey

And GK probably feels its not worth the time or cost to build it. Their pay off wouldnt be worthwhile. Hence they don't wanna make a product.

If you want one, why dont you contract with them and order 6 custom drivers and have them build it? I am sure if you threw enough money at them they would do it. Might cost you $10-20k, but if you wanna product, you have to pay for it. :scowl:

14. Bufalo

Bufalo Funk in the Trunk

They could just make it a "5.2" Ohm cabinet - call it 6?. Odd, sure, but saves them from building custom transducers.

15. Tunaman

This is the same kind of thread thats been going on the bass section with Carvin.

You give people a REASONABLE answer to why a company can't produce EVERY product , its just economics

16. kringle77

Thats what eden does.

17. GretschBassist

GretschBassist

.. you don't say. I kinda got that from them not having the product. Thanks for missing my point so much though... :rolleyes:

18. CL400Peavey

I'm not sure you get my point.

There is little to no market for a 610. That is why there are so few out there. If there was a market, they would be selling them.

So why would cab manufacturers waste their time and money on it?

19. kringle77

CL, is it your job to crap in everybodys threads. Damn. Anyway, cl has some points but this guy obviously wants a neo 610 so thats what this thread is trying to accomplish.

20. Tunaman

Nah Kringle you got it wrong

CL provided the ABSOLUTE CORRECT answer... The OP doesn't want to hear it. If he wants to whine about the answers, dont ask the damn question period.

And if you call giving an intelligent response crapping on a thread you might have to re-evaluate your responses as well

BUY 2 FREAKING GK NEO 410s if you have to OR just 1 covers 90% of people... The whining on this site is unbearable sometimes when people try to help

No good deed goes unpunished CL

21. GretschBassist

GretschBassist

I was merely trying to shoot out an idea, didn't see negative Nancy and Mr. Miyagi coming though... Anyway, it would be a nice cab IF it existed, I'd buy it. You guys really need to chill out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.