1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Galveston doubleneck?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by basscase42, Jan 4, 2013.

1. basscase42

basscase42

Recently I received a Galveston doubleneck bass, with a 5 string fretted neck on top and a 4 string fretless on the bottom neck. It was bought used for $200 in guitar center, and is in really good condition. Just wondering, does anyone else have one? if so how much did you get yours for? I can't find them anywhere for sale online, or anywhere else on the internet!
  2. ggvicviper

ggvicviper P is the Key. Call me Marc or Marky Potatoes. Gold Supporting Member

Galveston is found at certain very small music retailers sometimes. I owned a Galveston before.

I hope it works out for you! It didn't for me... :(
  3. Psychbunny

Psychbunny

They sell Galveston on E-Bay. I see the double necks on occasion in two different styles. Lately they have been push Dan Armstrong-like acrylic 4 and 5 stringers. They also sell them at Detroit Music on Gratiot, Crazy inexpensive. Write a review when you have had it a while I would be interested but only if it is more than a wall hanger.
  4. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

I have seen some Galvestons with the same bat wing inlays as Carlo Robelli stuff.
  5. rickwebb

rickwebb

I have had a Galveston 12-String Bass since 2005. Bought it new from an EBay Store, $375 without case. Never had any complaints about it.
  6. basscase42

basscase42

I've had since a few weeks before Christmas, I love it to death. The fretted neck sounds a lot like Geddy Lee's recent jazz bass sound, and the fretless, well, sounds like a fretless. No problems so far, other than there's one pickup that doesn't work but that doesn't take away from the bass.
  7. darkstorm

darkstorm

Ones Ive heard on utube sounded pretty good.
  8. Hilton Marsh

Hilton Marsh

I owned one of those basses about four years ago. It cost me AU$420 which included a hardcase, lead, extra strings and freight. The bass was a 'dog' to play and cost me an extra $235 to get the necks set up correctly. After that it was a half decent bass to play. But too heavy. Sold it and replaced it with a twin neck headless bass. Much lighter and the set up was spot on.