Gamers, what are you playing these days?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by scorpionldr, Jul 17, 2012.

1. scorpionldr

scorpionldr

I've been playing a lot of GTA4/Saints Row 2 on xbox.

Got myself a wired (x360) controller for my PC. Not sure what to play on it lately.

I have 2.4 gigs of i5 dual core on my laptop, 6 gigs of ram, and a hard drive wide open waiting to see what you can recommend.

Lemme know.
  2. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Get on Steam. They have a lot of summer sales going on right now. The Orange Box deal is awesome.
  3. scorpionldr

scorpionldr

The orange box......ugh, last computer couldn't play it, now I don't have the time to sit in front of five minute load time waits a whole night through. It was cool on xbox tho.
  4. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

I dont consider myself a gamer, per se, but Ive been playing LA Noire as of late. I almost beat Mafia 2 in 2 days before I put it down. And I regularly go back to Black Ops when Im bored, though I havent been bored for a while. I should also finish Red Dead Redemption, but those stupid horses...
  5. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost

Broke out Borderlands and brushing up in prep for BL2. SUCH a great game. I hope they do it justice. Diablo3 was a disappointment to me and Ghost Recon:Future Soldier is rife with control issues with my Logitech G13. No patch has come down the pipe to fix that yet. Old games are getting the love from me right now.
  6. Keano

Keano

Picked up The Walking Dead on Steam sale. Don't really like the whole zombie thing, but I like a good adventure game, and I've been hearing a lot of good things about this one.
  7. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

LA Noire is a lot of fun, but it's definitely a renter. There's not much replay value once you've gone through it once. I think they chalked it up to be a lot more like GTA than it really is.
  8. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

I've actually heard some bad things, so you'll have to let us know your thoughts on it.
  9. scorpionldr

scorpionldr

i just can't imagine a game based on a tv show being successful. general rule: if it's in movies or television first, it's gonna suck in gaming 2nd.
  10. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Still on a hefty BF3 binge.
  11. TheMightyWoot1

TheMightyWoot1

I have been playing my 3DS exclusively for months. Lots of fun/cool games, but most recently I have been playing the hell out of Kid Icarus: Uprising. Very cool game.
  12. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Yeah, I feel the same way. The game is fun, but I feel like once the story is done I'll be done with it too. Im patiently awaiting GTA5.
  13. lbanks

lbanks

Been playing a lot on Minecraft(PC). A lot. I wouldn't recommend it. Its a monumental timesink and may ruin your ability to interact with normal people. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go harvest my Zombie Trap and Spider spawner.
  14. René_Julien

René_Julien

Fallout 2 (which I think is the greatest game ever) and Minecraft.
  15. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost

Fallout two is absolutely fantastic. Probably the best follow up game ever ( Ok Diablo 2 was most outstanding as well as Masters of Orion 2 ) That game has not left my hard drive since 95??? Well, all three of them actually. Along with the Original Ghost Recon. I can always go back to them.

I've been putting a lot of time into Fallout 3 again.

If you want a game that has a bit of a learning curve but is crazy good strategically to play look no further than Stars! The early versions are best. When they tried to go mainstream with it, it lost some of it's soul. The no frills UI makes it a better game I think.
  16. NicJimBass

NicJimBass The Kirk Hammett of bass guitar! Supporting Member

If I understand it correctly, the TV show and game are based on a comic book.
  17. René_Julien

René_Julien

Tell me about it.
    I found a village and am turning it into a metropolis. Building apartment buildings, stables,...
    And it was in a dessert, but I turned the dessert into greenlands. Dirtpath from a forest so grass spreads out into the area. Very time consuming.

I hate to sound like a snob, but I didn't like Fallout 3 as much as the originals. It was still fun though.
    Next time I install Fallout 3 I'm going to blow up Megaton and go live in Tenpenny Tower.
    I'm hearing a lot of good things about New Vegas, I might get that one. (I watch the Tobuscus playthrough :))

What I like about Fallout 1 and 2 is that I can get through it playing a diplomat. I finished the games without killing anyone.... except the leader of Vault City, I hate that woman. She didn't like me handling things peacefully with the mutant town.

The sad thing about those games is that you will never get that first time experience again. :atoz:
  18. Johnbass92

Johnbass92

Guild wars 2 seems pretty promising.
  19. ShredderMaximus

ShredderMaximus

This, until a couple days ago when I started this:

on Xbox 360.
    I haven't been this addicted to a game so fast probably since GTA:VC.
  20. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost

I guess Fallout 3 was great for me because I got to be "IN" the universe and not top down. I love FPS. I have to say I know far more people that feel as you do. I'm a weird one to be sure :D

Blowing up Megaton is "ok" but getting the Zombie version of Moira is classic :D