1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

GAS cure?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GODSBASSMAN, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GODSBASSMAN

GODSBASSMAN

I ventured into the "Ask a pro" stickies. WOW. What a alot of information can be found there. Maybe I have been spending too much timelooking at gear and not enough "serious time" learning the bass (es) I already have and not concentrating the time needed to really learn what it takes to be the bass player I want to be. Is it really true that more practice time learning real music basics and advanced studies will make me a better bass player? No doubt.
    Have you looked under this rock?
    Was and is a real eye opener for this dude... even to the point of me saying to myself..."What is this guy talking about?" And I thought I knew something about music...huh. hmmmm?

2. StuartV

StuartV Out of GAS!! Supporting Member

Lessons and practicing are just distractions from your GAS. My cure for GAS was getting a EBMM Sterling 5H. 1 year GAS-free and counting. :D

3. bachlover

bachlover Supporting Member

A lot of time I can spend practicing is spent on this site reading Jaco/Kaye controversy, thinking of titles for Song Uno, reading 2014 NHL posts, etc. Having said that, I've picked up so much valuable info on this site and I know I haven't even touched the service of what's available here. What I have read coupled with the fellowship I feel with other bassers has inspired me to the point where I've definitely become a better player since joining TB even though I waste away hours on non basser topics. The GAS that I've acquired and the gear that's gone along with it has also served to inspire me, has led me to avenues that I don't think I would've explored (and enjoyed! :hyper:) w/o joining this site ( going from a 4 string J to 5 & 6 Warwicks, fretless lined, fretless unlined, a P type 5 string that I got advice from because I didn't like the B on the Fender).

4. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

I'm not arguing with the premise of this thread, but it's not about a bass or bass brand so I am closing it.

5. Register to disable this ad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.