1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

GAS for a ESP LTD B206

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JPrinos, Dec 2, 2013.

1. JPrinos

JPrinos

I missed out on a Craigslist offering of one of these and I'm kicking myself. I can't seem to be able to find any distributors in my locale (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) and none of the American based stores want to deliver (at all let alone for a ridiculous price!)

Just ranting... I'm really jonesing to try one of these out.

[​IMG]
  2. rtav

rtav

They're awesome guitars. The tone could be better with better electronics, but really you can't go wrong with one. I've got one and liked it so much I bought a second similar one (B336-SR). Get one; you won't regret it for a second.
  3. bassbenj

bassbenj

Of course you are GASing. That one looks just like the one I recently bought. I wandered into Sam Ash Store needing another 6 string like a hole in the head. Spotted B206-SM. "Hey, I thought, that looks just like my Spalted Maple Bass Mods 7 string (that cost nearly a grand used!)

And then I tried it. Typical active modern tone. Not bad. I love Ash body basses anyway. But killer looks, and the NECK! Yowza! Best factory neck ever. And the price, a tad over four bills. BRAND NEW! I KNEW i simply could not live without it!

So you SHOULD be kicking yourself! These are such an amazing bass for the money that I even bought it new (which I rarely do). The Ash body is a tad heavy, but tone is terrific and i wasn't going to step up to a grand to get the mahogany body (which while much more expensive is also a massive killer bargain compared to similar boutique basses).

So keep your eyes open for that deal on one of these 6ers. These ARE worth Jonesing for!

(just doing my TB part to feed the GAS)
  4. JPrinos

JPrinos

Feeling rotten...Mission accomplished. One of these will soon be mine..somehow!
  5. BioWeapon

BioWeapon

I haven't been able to try the 6 string version of these, but there was a fretless four string version and a fretless 5 string version available at my local store. Played them a couple times, but they're gone now. Gee... I wonder why ;)
  6. Dave in LB

Dave in LB

My work place had an awards catalog and these basses are in it! I'm planning on a b205-sm as an order but I'll settle for the 6 if I have to. Played the 6 at Sam ash a few weeks ago and found it to be very serviceable. I will be having the frets removed and turned into a fret less 5. And then some EMGs down the road.

Of course if you're telling me there is already a fret less version, I'll order that if possible.
  7. bassbenj

bassbenj

Dude! Google is your Friend! :)

http://www.zzounds.com/item--ESPB205SMFL

But the bad news is there is no Fretless 6. If there were, I would be SO all over it! Does the GAS ever end?
  8. JPrinos

JPrinos

Got one!!! Pics later.

What a monster!! HUGE! BEAUTIFUL!!

Played last night with the neck relief, saddle height and intonation. Quite happy with the results so far.
  9. bassbenj

bassbenj

I'm glad TB could help feed your GAS! These things are so cool that when describing them you don't even have to add what great basses they are "for the money". They are just great basses. Period.
  10. JPrinos

JPrinos

Here it is!

[​IMG]

This might be an early model. All the videos and pictures I see have the battery compartment above the main control cover, as opposed to the other side of the body:

[​IMG]

The strings on it are quite light. I think they are so light that I can't seem to get much relief on the neck. I typically play with heavier guage strings so I'll report back later on that.