1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

GAS has struck again.... FS 1st Year L1000

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rusted247, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rusted247

rusted247 Supporting Member

I am gassing for something new so my first year L1000 with OHSC is up for sale. $900 plus shipping conus/PayPal only. In great condition and everything works as it should....low serial #. I bought it in Berkeley last year in May as part of an estate liquidation. Here's the note from the seller:I knew Stu Feldman back in ’68 during the Prune Music days in Berkeley, kicking around with Randy ‘Prune’ Smith and Dave Kessner. Stu was playing soulful bass with groups like Deacon and The Suprelles and Motor. He went on to play with
    Girton, Maryann Price, the New Riders Of The Purple Sage, Bobby McFerrin, Musslewhite, Huey Lewis, and many more. In addition to his stellar bass playing, over the years Stu worked as a music store clerk, producer and music videographer. He’s gone now and his estate has enlisted me to help find new homes for some of his instruments, with the proceeds going to his family. There are some amazing pieces of vintage gear here, and a lot more studio gear as well. So long, Stu. We miss you.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Here's a video of Stu playing it live. There's a good shot of the bass at the beginning and end of the video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vryhRcvXKsg
  2. basss

basss Supporting Member

weight?
  3. funk7856

funk7856 Supporting Member

Killer wunkay
  4. EthanTheHeathen

EthanTheHeathen

I think I read somewhere that the serial numbers on these started at 500, so this is a really low number.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. rusted247

I'll weigh it tomorrow...definitely over 9 lbs. The G&L site shows the first recorded bass serial number was B000518.
  7. rusted247

Thanks Funk!
  8. rusted247

...and in this corner at a whopping 10.75 lbs 1980 G&L L1000!....according to my local UPS scale.
  9. rusted247

Sold! On it's way to Wisconsin:) Thanks rbeck47!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.