Gear change (from ebs410/ha7000)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by IgnorantBxt, Dec 16, 2013.

1. IgnorantBxt

IgnorantBxt

Hi guys, i play with frudua gfj5 direct deal bass guitar active/passive mode. Usually I play with a tnt115 peavey combo, and low B works fine, same volume as the other strings.
    But, during last live, i got scared cause my low B during sound check sounds awful, really awful, no volume, no sustain, like an entire dead note.
    I play live through Hartke Ha7000 + Ebs proline 410.
    I noticed that freq response of the cab starts from 70hz.. a bit too high for low end freq reliability.
    I'm wondering about to buy 15" cab, or maybe an ampeg 410hlf, cause freq response start below 30Hz, is it a real spec?
    I also thinking about change amp head with an orange terror bass 500W. Is a good choice to change entire gear with this new setup? (orange+ampeg hlf) Thank you !
  2. IgnorantBxt

IgnorantBxt

3. azzyrazzy

azzyrazzy

Media:
    Your post just brings up _so_ many follow up questions...

Ok so the Low B was bad, was the low C ok, or the low D? What happened when you tried the live rig at home afterwards? What about the bass itself, is it normal today on your peavey? Did you bring the bass to a store and try on another rig? Another cab with your head? Another head with your cab etc etc.

I think you need to test a little more, test everything. Then you might consider buying something to replace what is not working properly :)
  4. IgnorantBxt

IgnorantBxt

Low B, C, D notes were bad during live session, defined but without volume, then i dropped E string to D and it was better, but not as good as played through that peavey 15" speaker.
  5. Register to disable this ad