Geddy Lee and his bandmates in RnR HOF FINALLY!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by BigJohnAZ, Dec 11, 2012.

1. BigJohnAZ

BigJohnAZ

Long overdue and almost anticlimactic, but now all the reporters can stop asking them about not being in the HOF. Keep on rockin'! :hyper:

2. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

When did they announce the inductees?

3. Raymeous

Raymeous

Over the years I've come to realize that most people, even those that claim to be a musician, have no understanding of musical talent even when it's slapping them in the face. Have you listened to the radio lately? It kinda proves my point doesn't it?

Rush should have been there a loooooong time ago and I think most people here already know that.

4. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Time to start planing my RRHOF induction party!

7. BigJohnAZ

BigJohnAZ

@ Raymeous - you are so correct. RS was too cool to allow such no talents into THEIR HOF. Look how long it took Alice Cooper to get in!

I have never been a fan of the magazine, and the panel that picks and chooses the inductees are so out of touch it's maddening. Thankfully, this year they allowed the actual music fans to vote. I also hope that the momentum that Rush has been building over the last 10+ years had something to do about it, along with bands in the HOF that basically said BS to Rush not being there.

Glad they're in, not that it any way validates their music and staying power to me. They have always been in the fan's HOF for over 30 years.

8. SquierJazz72

SquierJazz72

It's good. I think Rush were wanting it more for the fans, who wanted them in there. Many fans have been upset they weren't in there before now. I really didn't care whether they were or not as much, as they are a great band with or without. But it's nice they did finally get the recognition. I did always feel they deserved and earned it.

On a humorous note, Rush were on the Steven Colbert show a few years ago. He made note of the fact that they weren't in the RRHOF yet and asked "Is there any chance you're next album will be called "That's Bull****"?"

9. Buster Brown

Buster Brown

Geddy.....on hearing the news:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sorry...just couldn't resist....Congratulations to Rush!

10. bassvi

bassvi

yes, I am happy to see Rush, are real people's band accomplish this, however.....

Even Geddy admits it's a real disappointment that Deep Purple is not in, and that Rush and Heart would not sound like they do had there not been Deep Purple...

Not to mention Yes, Tull, and (hey where's Cheap Trick?)

Happy for my Rush guys, but the RRHOF sadly is still a joke and they all know it.... I think they should rock the place with that R30 medley, personally.......then finish it out with Working Man then segue into the Grand Finale....aahh..

11. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

The Rock and Roll hall of fame is a joke ...

12. mcm

mcm

Agreed to the above.

13. xUptheIronsx

xUptheIronsx Conform or Be Cast Out.... Gold Supporting Member

I have always been in the RRHOF is a joke camp. As many have mentioned, Rush did not need this to validate their position in the history of rock music. That being said, it nice to sometimes get some recognition for what you do, and any press that they get is that much LESS press that One Direction, or Lady Gaga etc. would get

14. F-Clef-Jef

F-Clef-Jef

Agree somewhat.

But, if you get a chance to visit, don't pass it up. What they DO have is still very cool. Only slightly diminished by who they ignored...

15. Buster Brown

Buster Brown

+1

It always strikes me as something like "unbelievable" when these "Superstars" pop up, seemingly out of nowhere and the next thing you know, they have sold a gazillion "records" (who the hell presses vinyl anymore) yet, they've been on the scene for 6 months.

I have no problem with the RRHoF being nothing more than a "popularity" thing. That's fine...but for cripes sake.....

Deep Purple?
    Moody Blues?
    Steppenwolf?

Hell, I could go on for an hour.............:scowl:

16. SturmUndDrang

SturmUndDrang

Apparently Randy Newman rocks harder than Deep Purple too. :rollno: