1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Geddy Lee Sig. vs. Ibanez SR1605E (Premium)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HeavyAxe, Dec 2, 2013.

1. HeavyAxe

HeavyAxe

Hey everyone! Just in need of some opinions on an upcoming purchase. I'm finally making a bass upgrade and I've narrowed my choices down to these two basses. The Geddy interested me in the beginning simply because I'm a HUGE Rush fan, and the Ibanez just spoke quality to me. After lots of research I'm still not quite in decision on what bass to purchase. The biggest downside to me for the Geddy would obviously be the lack of a 5th string. Well, there you have it! Give me your opinions.
    Heres the links for each bass's respectable website:

http://www.fender.com/en-CA/basses/...aple-fingerboard-black-3-ply-white-pickguard/

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/u_...3&color=CL01&year=2013&cat_id=2&series_id=112
  2. FineCatsNCigars

FineCatsNCigars

Hey there! Those are two really great basses that you're looking into. I'm sure you would love either one because they're both great.

It's important to note that with the right settings on your bass and amp you would be able to get the same tones out of each bass so either would work.

I personally prefer the Ibanez bass because I prefer showing wood, especially beautiful exotic wood! If you're going to get a bass just because you're a fan of someone who plays it (in my opinion) isn't a good option because you should play what you enjoy playing.

So overall I think you would love both and both would do good for you. Just get what plays best and looks best to you.
  3. Draculea

Draculea

Even though I'm a huge Rush and geddy fan as well, I'd go for the Ibanez, simply because it allows to go lower down the register with the 5th string, and because of the 24 frets, with 20 I feel limited... and yes, I do use all of the 24 frets.
  4. agreatheight

agreatheight

I would do the Ibby.