1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Geddy Neck on a P bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Strat Hater, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Anyone do this?

Any pics?

I am thinking about converting my black and white MIM P bass into the Geddy PEE bass!

2. IPA

IPA

May 5, 2010
    It would look like the classic 70s P

[​IMG]

3. Sponsored by:

4. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

Jan 22, 2012
    Garner, NC
  5. Beauty! Is that an All Parts neck? Or a real Geddy with the logo removed?

6. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

Jan 22, 2012
    Garner, NC
    Hmm, it shows up for me. In any case, this one :)

[​IMG]

7. Sweet I am in love! I don't know why it won't show for me. Is that the same profile as the Geddy, or is it a P neck in disguise?

8. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

Jan 22, 2012
    Garner, NC
    I played the active version of that one (i think it was a GC special) and it had a 1.5" nut, but was thicker than a geddy. Probably pretty close to the new 70s VM necks. Felt great, but it probably wouldn't if you were expecting a geddy in your palm.

The specs on gc.com say "Precision Bass body with Maple 70’s Jazz Bass neck"
    Take that as you may.

9. Guess what!...Looks like it not available in Canada. Maybe that's why it never showed for me on the GC website:(

I already have the black P bass and high mass bridge. Just need the neck, and it don't bother me if it says Jazz bass on it. We have a new Squier VM Jazz in my local L and M with the neck that I want. I thought about buying it for the neck, but I don't want my Fender to have a Squier logo. Petty I know. If it was the older version of the bass I would just remove the logo, but that new damned poly finish makes it way tougher. I think that's why they changed it...to make it harder to make forgeries of the squiers

10. Sputnik Monroe

Sputnik Monroe

Feb 11, 2014
    Just as an FYI ... the original 72/73 Jazz Basses have a neck that although 1.5 at the nut is deeper and more chunky than the "Geddy" version.
    I bought a Geddy Lee hoping to use it as a backup to my 73 and it was NOT to my liking way too thin ... if your looking for that thinner feel
    make sure you test it first, or have a return policy on it. Also all neck pockets are not created equal some fitting may be required.

11. IPA

IPA

May 5, 2010
    I had this bass for a little while(returned it, just wasn't for me tonally, especially at almost $900) but the neck definitely reminds me of a MIM Geddy neck-- feel like the Geddy necks got a tad thicker when they went to MIM vs the pencil-thin MIJs

12. Thank you! Allparts neck . I got all the parts in TB classifieds. Plays and sounds great!