1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

GEMICO BASS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cacao, Jan 14, 2013.

1. cacao

cacao

hey guys. after a long time im planning on buy a bass again. and i came across to an interresting choice of a bass named gemico. so does anyone have any clue about it, cause the google doesnt find anything nearly close to gemico bass guitar. i will also post the link so you can check out the picture. according to its owner the bass is approx. 15 years old. so what do you guys think, is it a good choice? is the company that made it any good. appreciate all the help and opinionč thank you!

EDIT: the link: http://www.bolha.com/glasbila-glasb...s-ojacevalec-1284723770.html?aclct=1358172495

2. ibateur

ibateur

I think it's more Gem Co. Only reason I say that is that someone just posted pictures of a GEM branded SG electric guitar on another forum I'm in. It doesn't help as Gem also doesn't give a hit on Google

I would check it out. Looks interesting

It looks clean. It could be one of those era guitars. If you do get it, post pics!

3. cacao

cacao

hmm, im really torn between this one and a fender mexico standard jazz bass which i can also get for 250 euro. cant believe i cant find absoluetly nothing on this guitars. thanks for your post tho!

4. ibateur

ibateur

I would seriously consider this one on the vintage look it has. Only if it plays and sounds ok. Mim jazz is 'common'

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Yakob

Yakob

It's a 60's Matsumoku. The quality on these tends to be hit and miss. If it feels like a solid instrument, grab it. If not, a MIM Jazz will service you well.

7. jordak

jordak

Be aware that if this hasn't been set up in the past 30 years (it probably hasn't) that neck may be permanently warped. You have a better shot at good quality with a used epiphone eb-3 for not too much money.

8. cacao

cacao

thanks on all the posts. i will definetly try it out today and will see. ill post a pic of the bass i choose :)

9. cacao

cacao

but i dont think its actually that old. the owner says it is approximetly 15 years old. or is he wrong? does that change anything?

10. ibateur

ibateur

Might be 15 years in his possession... Could be a very late Matsumoko.