1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Genera question

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Tyme, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Tyme

Tyme

Hey All,
    There seems to be some question as to the over all Genera of our new LP. I was wondering if you guys/gals could help resolve our debate. I would also welcome y'all to critique our LP good or bad. The following is a link to our music:

http://oddsofeden.bandcamp.com/

I would recommend starting with the following songs:

Broccoli
    Generation Gap
    Life under a rock
    Zombie Whore
    Borderline

Thanks!
  2. paulears

paulears

I'm confused, maybe because I'm in England, but what does overall genera mean?
  3. Tyme

Tyme

LOL. I believe our LP as whole covers more then one genera. I guess my question is what genera would you promote this album under..?
  4. M0ses

M0ses

Is the word you're looking for "genre?"
  5. elgecko

elgecko

Genera was a clothing company popular in the mid 80s.

:bag:
  6. Nashrakh

Nashrakh

Alternative Metal is about as broad as I'd put it. I could hear the following genres: Grunge, Punkrock, New Metal (in the vein of Scars of Life, not Limp Bizkit et al). Tiny residues of thrash and power metal. Quite an odd mix when I think about it.

Overall I wasn't much a fan of the music but I gotta say you guys sound polished (a bit too polished for my liking but hey). You know what you're doing. I like your bass sound quite a lot, it blends well while still being recognizable in the mix. The mix is well done, by the way. I didn't have the feeling any instrument got the short end of the stick, you can hear everything, very hi-fi for a rock/metal record.
  7. Tyme

Tyme

LOL. Yes, I meant genre. Thanks for the correction! :)
  8. Tyme

Tyme

Nice!
  9. Tyme

Tyme

Thanks Nashrakh. It is an odd mix.
  10. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

alternative.
  11. deathsdj

deathsdj Supporting Member