Genesis bass tabs?

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by jerrytheband, Jan 27, 2013.

1. jerrytheband

jerrytheband

Does anyone have any bass tabs for any of the 70s era Genesis songs? Like Watcher of the Skies, The Knife, or The Musical Box

2. jerrytheband

jerrytheband

3. Maleikbassist

Maleikbassist

I'm in the same boat brother. It seems as if no one likes Mike Rutherford enough to tab out his stuff. :'( Or maybe just too intimidated. I know that the Musical Box doesn't actually have bass on it. Rutherford is on 12 string and playing some slight basslines on the pedals he had. What are you looking for with the Watcher of The Skies? I know most of it, but I learned it by ear. I could probably relay some information to you, but I'd like to know in general

4. jerrytheband

jerrytheband

Pretty much the whole bass part. I'm also looking for the bass part to I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe) as well

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. tgriley62

tgriley62

When I can't find tabs for songs I use the following sites. They usualy have the guitar "chords". The chords, most of the time, will at least give you the root note and by using them & listening to the song you can get pretty close. Hope this helps

www. yourchords.com
    www.chordie.com

7. paulears

paulears

The most easterly town in the UK - Lowestoft
    play it at double speed and the bass lines pop out!

8. GtenderG

GtenderG

Lot's of good Genesis midi files out there. I have some freeware that'll print the score.
    Learned the willow farm section of suppers ready, trick of the tail and in that quiet earth.

9. Maleikbassist

Maleikbassist

Basically you just jam on an A. The chorus is an A Mixolydian scale then a D Major Scale.

10. 3star2nr

3star2nr

Crank your volume up and transcribe it. Your ears are way more accurate than any tab

11. jerrytheband

jerrytheband

That's for I Know What I Like, right?

12. Maleikbassist

Maleikbassist

Yeah, it's really simple. In the second chorus though there is a part that goes like A4, D7, A5, D7, A7, D7. That's the break part between the second and third chorus

13. LordDog

LordDog