Geneva Motor Show 2014

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by malthumb, Mar 5, 2014.

1. malthumb

malthumb Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Sitting in the Geneva Airport waiting for my flight to board. Going home after three days in Geneva to attend the press conferences and new vehicle launches. What better to do than share some pics and commentary with my bass brethren.

This lady clearly had the best view of the show.....

[​IMG]

And this was one of the more odd, and more popular vehicles at the show. The Citroën C4 Cactus.

[​IMG]

Those things on the side that look like padding? That's padding. Called AirBump. If you've ever driven or parked in Paris, you get it.

My favorite vehicle at the show? Glad you asked.... McLaren 650S.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Did I mention that Geneva is a very rich town? And as such, it is THE show on the circuit for exotica and over the top luxury? For example....

The World Premiere of the latest Rolls Royce Ghost

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

But, since it is a major European show, there's also cool stuff on the not so pricey end. Like the Renault Twingo.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Three cylinder engine sits in the back. Plane's about to board. More when I arrive in Detroit. Unless I can get wifi at Charles DeGaulle airport on my layover.
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Awesome pics, thanks for sharing buddy. Was this a business trip?

-Mike
  3. bmc

bmc

I'm going to the show either tomorrow or Monday afternoon. I want to see the Alfa 4C spider and the Alfa/Mazda Miata joint venture. Plus, buy some car stuff for my Miata.

Malthumb,

For future reference, I live in Geneva. My office is next door to the Paxexpo. It looks onto it. My office is 250 feet from the Palexpo entrance.

Next time, come to my Monday night gig across the airport in Ferney, France. It's a house gig for the past four years. More than happy to show you around in a very inexpensive way. It's a nice part of the world. Far too much money in this town, though.

Have a safe trip home.

Brian
  4. blastoff99

blastoff99

malthumb, I hope you've got a photo of the Volvo shooting brake concept in there. (The internets in my house are moving at dial-up speeds tonight - although the ads seem to be just fine - and I cannot see your lovely pictures.)

Anyway, as the owner of a 1973 1800ES and a 2013 C30 PLE, I heartily approve of that car.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. malthumb

Media:
    Albums:
    Certainly was. I work for General Motors (Opel, Chevrolet, Cadillac)

Here's one of Opel's finest.......and the car is nice, too

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. malthumb

Media:
    Albums:
    Here's the Spyder version of the 4C. The coupe debuted at last year's show.

[​IMG]

I don't think the "collaboration vehicle" was there. If it was, they did a great job hiding it from me. Mazda'a press conference was all about the Hazumi concept vehicle. Basically foretells where they will go with the next Mazda 2.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Alfa Romeo's press conference was all about the Quadrafoglio Verde models of the MiTO and Giulietta. I know I have shots of the MiTO QV. Can't find them in my photobucket yet.

Next time I'm there, I WILL contact you. Count on it.
  8. malthumb

Media:
    Albums:

I know I have pictures. Gotta finish pushing stuff from my ipad to photobucket.
  9. malthumb

Media:
    Albums:
    Slight tangent from the topic....because of the timing of my flight to go to Geneva, I had to miss Stanley Clarke's concert at the Majestic in Detroit this past Sunday.

Luckily, my youngest son, Justin was able to make it...

[​IMG]

The irony of the situation is that Justin (and older brother Andrew) played on that same stage about a year and a half ago. And Justin used the bass that I bought from Stanley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM-awj0Wbdo

There....I've actually hijacked my own thread.
  10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Speaking of cars, did you guys hear about the Dodge Viper here in Olympia at a technical school that Chrysler has demanded they destroy since it was an early prototype?

-Mike
  11. blastoff99

blastoff99

YES!!! They're demanding that approximately 90 early Vipers donated / loaned to schools around the country be crushed.

Think I read something about that Chrysler still legally owns the cars, and two of them were taken out for joyrides and wrecked badly, with significant injuries, property damage, etc. Since Chrysler is the owner, they're technically liable. Since they have the deep pockets, they're being sued.

:rollno:
  12. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Those aren't really Vipers with all the nonstandard things. Likely with being used for educational purposes they are probably not in the best shape.
  13. Stewie26

Stewie26 Gold Supporting Member

Yeah...It's Chrysler's fault that they were trying to help out the trade schools and some idiots took them out for unaurtorized joyrides. Sue the bastards. Don't you love attorneys.
  14. bmc

bmc