1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Genz Benz 210XB Speakers - 8ohm Cab

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Rebop, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Rebop

Rebop Supporting Member

Hello All,

I was going to use my 2x10 Genz Benz for the gig tonight but I noticed a crack in one of the cones so I will probably end up replacing both speakers entirely.

My questions is: It's an 8ohm cab so what's the impedance of the speakers?

Thanks.

Looks like I'm going 4x10 tonight.
  2. Rebop

Rebop Supporting Member

Maybe I'll just crack it open and look at the speakers but that will not be till tomorrow.
  3. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

It will either use 4Ω speakers wired in series or 16Ω speakers wired in parallel. You might be able to get the cracked one re-coned.
  4. agedhorse

agedhorse Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Supporting Member

They should be GBE-1040-16 drivers. I have recone kits in stock. Can work with your reconer or handle the recone in my shop. Pm me an I will get you the details.
  5. Rebop

Rebop Supporting Member

Thanks, agedhorse!