1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Genz Benz amps and cabinets, Wow they are great!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Green Lantern, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Green Lantern

Green Lantern

I finally found a store that carried Genz Benz amps. :hyper: I have to say I was very impressed with the sound of their amps as well as the full sound I heard even through just one 12 cabinet. Much fuller that the Aguilar SL cabinet.

Tone of the Shuttle and Streamliner offer a clean full sound with an even amount of highs, mids, and lows. The amps have a little smoother sound compared to the Mesa Boogie Carbine amps that I like. Needless to say I prefer the GB over the Boogie which has a little high fi sound. Cabinets are well made and the controls for EQ was nice. The amps sounded so good, I just needed to add just a touch of Eq from their flat setting.

Compared to my Tone Hammer 500, the GB has a little cleaner smooth sounding while the TH has a rich mid character to it. In think the tubes in the GB help with the smooth sound. Aguilar was smart in adding a rich sound without tubes which helps their amps not to have a sterile or harsh sound. Personally I would love to own both as they are now my favorite bass amps. :bassist:
  2. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Which cabs did you try?
  3. Mastermold

Mastermold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    FireMelon
    Yep GB makes great stuff!
  4. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Welcome to the group of Those Who Know.
  5. Green Lantern

Green Lantern

Shuttle Series single 12 and Uber 410.
  6. krutonlowend

krutonlowend

I'm thinking about trying out some of the focus cabs with my streamliner. It's a lot easier to convince my wife to let me buy the focus cabs over the uber cabs. Anybody try any out yet?
  7. Faraday

Faraday

One good thing about Genz Benz is their service. They seem to igore the fine print in so-called warranties (which typically are disclaimers of rights you would have without the so-called warranty, that is, a reduction in your protection, not an increase) and instead just try to make things right even if your amp or cab is "out of warranty." How many companies take that attitude?

GB gear doesn't seem to have a lot of problems, but when a problem or a question pops up, they seem to genuinely want to take care of you. They even have a tech who follows threads.

It's not the only really good company out there, but it is one of the few. Sort of the opposite of Gibson or Eggnator who don't seem to care what happens.

I like the Streamliner and the ShuttleMax for their very different approaches to bass amplification, but that is just a matter of taste. YTTMV
  8. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Genz pretty much rocks, both literally and metaphorically.
  9. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member