Genz Benz Contour 500 Good for gigs?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Project7Bass, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Project7Bass

Project7Bass Supporting Member

Does anyone have this combo? It's a 115 rated at 300 watts at 8ohms. You can buy an extension cab and hit 500 watts at 4ohms too. I like Genz Benz sound but I'm not sure if this would be suitable for medium/large club gigs. Currently I'm not gigging too much, but like to be prepared. Thanks!

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

With a matched GB 1x15 ext cab, it would make a good gig rig.

3. NWB

NWB

That should work quite well. If you do a search, there is a big thread about the Contour series. Lots of positive experiences.

4. Project7Bass

Cool. I kinda want something that is easy to take to practice but that will serve the purpose for gigs too. Just sold off my svt7 pro and trying to unload my 410hlf now. Any suggestions on other decent combos? Zzounds was able to price match this combo to 629! It normally sells for 799!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

IMO, the only "good" combo amps are ones that have ext spkr jacks. Anything else, and you're limited to the internal spkrs, and can never get any more volume. More loud means more spkrs.

7. Project7Bass

Agreed. Always nice to have that option. Now the quedtion is...they do make a matching 115 cab for this...but I was thinking of getting the larger gb 115 for it...that way I could match a head with the 115 if I wanted too.

8. Project7Bass

Okay...I took the leap. Order place. Should have it tomorrow. I will post a review.

9. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist:Alleva-Coppolo| MESA |Genz-Benz R.I.P.|REDDI|Westone
    I have done gigs with a Countour 500 210 and with that amp and one of my Uber 115 below it... It did great! I only had the Countour on Demo and really liked it....

10. Project7Bass

Yeah I'm not sure what cab to put under it. I found the matched 115 ext cab new for 299.99.

11. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

That's the one you want then. Matched cabs are always the best choice.

12. Project7Bass

That's my thought. I just need to unload my ampeg 410hlf!

13. Project7Bass

Ordered the contour 115 extension cab today. Found it for 299.00 plus 15% off! Total price was 250! Every where else the cab was 399.99 so I feel I got a solid deal.

14. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Perfect. A 2x15 rig will serve you well. Copngrats.

15. JtSD619

JtSD619

WOW. I just grabbed a w500 genz benz with 2x10. By itself this bad boy is thumpin! And so easy to transport. I do plan on grabbin a 15 asap. Trust me this amp is money. Rock it with the whole band tonight it barely had it runnin at 5 oclock. Grabbed mine for 580 with tax brand new. Very statisfied with my decision