1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Genz Benz Contour

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by thumpmaster, Dec 4, 2013.

1. thumpmaster

thumpmaster

WOW! I have been out of the loop for a LONG time. Anyway, Those who remember me know that I am a HUGE Genz Benz fanatic. I have been using their bass amp since 1999. Yeah, They were out back then. Anyway, I have probably owned more GB gear than anyone here. Up until Match of this year, My main gig rig was the SM12.0 with the Uber410 or NeoX-212 cabinet/s. Then In march I purchased the new Contour 500 210 Combo with 210 ext cabinet. I have been using that all summer and fall as my main rig. And I honestly have to say, this is now my favorite GB rig. In fact, I just purchased a second stack, just because I love ti so much. I have no idea why they are blowing them out right now, but all I can say is BUY ONE NOW!!!!! I pretty much sold all of my other GB gear except the SM12.0 head and Uber 410 cab. With (2) Contour 210 stacks and the SM12.0 Uber 410 rig, I am set for LIFE! BTW, The ultimate setup, which I have not gigged, but setup in my garage is both stacks driven by the SM12.0 head. That's 1200 watts through (8) 10" speakers. The sound was MASSIVE! Now, I will probably never use this setup "live", but it's good to know that I could. :)

2. johnnybass01

johnnybass01 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Edorsing artist: Brubaker Guitars
    I was just wondering how this cab handles the low B