1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

GENZ BENZ Focus Cabs - New and Lightweight

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by svtb15, Feb 17, 2012.

1. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist:Alleva-Coppolo| MESA |Genz-Benz R.I.P.|REDDI|Westone
    I wanted to share this Email that I got from Genz Benz today. It has info on their New Lightweight Focus cabs.. Here is a one Stop shopping on the specs etc. So I take it on myself to let you all know..Here ya go!

Genz Benz would like to introduce The FOCUS™ LT bass cabinets. Available in 4 models, each developed to deliver demanding performance, tight focused bass response along with design features you would only expect from Genz Benz.

[​IMG]

FCS-112T

The compact 1x12" cabinet delivers big tone on tight stages. An excellent cabinet solution for players requiring full bodied, dynamic reproduction in an extremely compact cabinet.
    Power handling: 200 watts/8 ohms; 32 lbs.

FCS-115T 1x15" w/Tweeter; 300W/8 ohms; 46 lbs.
    FCS-210T 2x10" w/Tweeter; 300W/8 ohms; 43 lbs.
    FCS-410T 4x10" w/Tweeter; 600W/8 ohms; 64 lbs.
    [​IMG]

CTR500-115T

The CONTOUR amp is mated to our 1x15" and compression tweeter in a front ported cabinet. This combination produces big, round, low-end and clear mid-range reproduction.
    1x15" w/Tweeter; 48 lbs.

CTR500-210T 2x10" w/Tweeter; 52 lbs.
    Two extension cabinets are offered, providing matching enclosures for either CONTOUR 500 combo. When stacked together, the combo becomes a monstrous rig for any stage.
    CTR500-EXT115 Extension cabinet
    CTR500-EXT210 Extension cabinet

[​IMG]

2. dukeorock

dukeorock Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Authorized greenboy designs builder
    Great stuff, Kirk! I got to play thru all of those on a recent visit to Genz...kinda shocking quality for the price :)

svtb15 likes this.
  3. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Beta Tester: Source Audio
    I have a Focus 112 on order...looking forward to it.

4. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    Yeah.. I need to get a pair of the 112s... Thats next on my list.. Just want to get rid of this 112 Bergantino that i have first....

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    Looking forward to hearing about it...

7. Limeman

Limeman

Those 112s do indeed look interesting (low weight, small size, very nicely priced), but the lower power rating has me a bit leery. Would have been nice if GB could have hit the normal 300 watt rating for this cab, but you can't have it all, right? Regardless, I'm keeping an eye on this thread...

8. NWB

NWB

Well, the way Genz does things, it wouldn't be any great surprise if that cab performed similarly to a competitor's 300 watt rated model. I'd guess they likely take a conservative approach to wattage rating.

9. Limeman

Limeman

That very well could be, but even if not, considering the moderate volume gig the 112s are most likely designed for, my guess is GB is gonna hit a home run with this cab - and the rest of the Focus line, for that matter. Love that their able to use ceramic magnet speakers in cabs of this weight. Very compelling...

10. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Wow, the new GB Shuttle 6.2 with two stacked FCS-112Ts looks totally awesome. Powerful, lightweight, compact, nice price tag and good looking too.
    Focus
    ~ GAS ~

11. Calaverasgrande

Calaverasgrande

little bit of hyperbole there. I would hardly call any of those an
    "extremely compact cabinet".
    The Schroeder 4x10 is almost half as big, as is the Orange.

12. boethius

boethius

hmmm.... I wonder how the Focus 410 would sound on top of my Uber 115 with my Streamliner 900...

13. dukeorock

Disclosures:
    Probably good...but probably better with another Uber 115 :)

14. boethius

boethius

Yeah, that's what Kirk and others have been trying to sell me on too. I need to hear it though and there is a shortage of Genz gear to demo in Raleigh here. However, the family excursion to Disney is coming up in March and I think Daddy may need a break and sneak off to Beaver's for a little bit to audition some gear. ;-) I love Beaver!

15. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    HAHA.. that sounds dirty...
    :):)

16. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    I need to get back in the loop. I would love e real stoles a out a 9.2 a d dual uber15's. That would allow me to also run a 15/210 rig in single or double

17. dukeorock

Disclosures:
    Hopefully Kirk will chime in soon...He has quite a few gigs under his belt with 2 Uber 115's With ShuttleMax amps and the Streamliner...common wisdom around these parts is if you like a single cab, but just need more 'sound' or higher SPL, then get another of what you already like...I think our GAS often gets the best of us and we want to try something different...or is it just me? :)

18. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    True...I have been running a 12.0 and dual uber210's. I have always loved 15 and a 15/210 combo has always kicked. When running one of each the 9.2 would give a little more juice than the 12.0

19. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    The 9.2 and Dual ubers is about as LOUD as i would ever need.. So much so that I usually only use 1 Uber115. Unless i need a buffer zone between a GIT rig and myself..:)

Would 2 410s be louder.. Im sure.. Im just not into the 10s thing right now. I rally dig the 115s. . I do mostly rock gigs right now.. I get plenty of articulation form a 115. Something that i would never think possible.
    I have oly stacked them but I am doing a gig in Huston next week where i think i will lay side by side since its a IEM gig and i need that GUT rig Buffer zone...:)

20. dukeorock

Disclosures:
    I run a 12.0 with an Uber 410 and an Uber 212, which is why I'm preaching (mostly to myself)...I love both of those cabs, but not together...all things being equal I think I'd rather have two Uber 410's. Or a 9.2 and an Uber 810, or a 9.2 and two Uber115's, or was it two 1288's? :)

21. boethius

boethius

That's funny, I guess it does! :D
    In all seriousness though Beaver is really great! Bass Disney World, if you will. I always love visiting his shop and hanging out with him for a while when I make it down there. He is a consummate supplier of GAS!!