1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Genz Benz GBE-1040-8 Specs?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by aproud1, Apr 18, 2012.

1. aproud1

aproud1 Hit that long lunar note, and let it float. Gold Supporting Member

Have a pair of Genz Benz GBE1040 speakers that came out of an older cab. Have a friend who would like to try to build his own cab so I offered him these speakers to experiment with.

Can't find specs anywhere. Anyone have these? I know they are probably sourced from eminence. But thats about it.
  2. agedhorse

agedhorse Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Supporting Member

Specs. are propriatary to us. My suggestion is to look at the cabinet that they came out of to get an idea of what they were intended to be used in.
  3. aproud1

Ok. Thanks.
  4. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice

Disclosures:
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
  5. aproud1

Cool. Thanks Bill!
  6. LRS_RICK

LRS_RICK

Curious how that worked out. Have 4 in an old cab and need to possibly upgrade.
    This cab was definitely home made and purchased in late 90s. Absolutely reliable with an equally dusty HA4000 head. From what Ive seen on the drivers They are 8ohm and internet research has shown me possibly 327 watt.
    I now need to up the wattage with my new act. Considering an Orange Terror 500 or 1000. It would be nice to know how far I can take it.
  7. aproud1

Never ended up doing the work. The speakers I pulled had the ratings on them. 100 watts each I think, also pulled the same labeled speakers from a different Genz cab and they were rated 200 watts each. I drove them all with the same amps, Markbass F1 and a Genz GBE600. Never had a problem with any of them.

I will say the one cab I upgraded the speakers to Faitalpro's (they were an older model) and ran the cabinet dimensions in WinISD and it was pretty much a perfect fit. Ended up sounding amazing too. Really.