Genz Benz Neo Pak bag

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Marcus Willett, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Bag End - Dean Markley - Thunderfunk
    So, I've got a Neo Pak that I'd like to get a carry bag for. Obviously these a no longer available from GB, and I've tried retailers to see if there are any left over, but the head has been discontinued for a while, so nothing there.

Any ideas on a bag that might fit it? I've looked around Amazon and MF and found some that are close, but nothing yet. Don't have the ears either so rack bags are out.

Anyone have an ideas?
  2. georgestrings

georgestrings Supporting Member

Gator makes a pretty good assortment of carry bags that will fit small amps/mixers - I'm sure you can find something suitable at one of the mail order outlets like Sweetwater, MF, etc...

- georgestrings
  3. Marcus Willett

Disclosures:
    yeah I looked at gator. They had one that was close (painfully close) but just a bit too small. The only others I could find that were close were much bigger. Of course, that's an option but I'm hoping for something as close to a right fit as possible, if such a bag exists.
  4. punkrocko

punkrocko Supporting Member

When I had my NeoPak I used a hardshell pistol case I found on ebay. Not quite what you're looking for, but a solid option.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. agedhorse

agedhorse Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Supporting Member

You might also look to see if the shuttlemax bag might work. I think it might be close enough but don't have any bags here in my shop to test out
  7. Marcus Willett

Disclosures:
    Thought about that. They're almost wide enough but not quite. :meh:

This might work, but there's conflicting info on the dimensions. Page says one width and customer answers say another. Haven't heard back from amazon yet.
  8. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

You most likely don't want to spend this much money, but I'll throw it out there. I use the custom Mooradian bags for my small amps. They are super high quality, lifetime guaranteed, and made per customer provided specs. About $125 though. They started out making amp bags for the Walter Woods heads.

If that head is key for you (in other words, you love it and use it as your main gigging head and will for a number of years), the cost is not bad.
  9. Marcus Willett

Disclosures:
    Hey Ken. I agree, if that were the case. It's actually just a backup head, and I've got it in a rack that matches my Bag Ends which looks pretty cool. Just switched to bags for my other amps and was looking for another. Guess I could just get a rack bag. :meh:
  10. Emprov

Emprov

Musician's Friend had a gig bag on the Stupid Deal of the Day for around $10 so I jumped on it. Turns out it works perfectly for my NeoPak. Looked on MF.com but I couldn't find it. I know, thanks for the help, right?
  11. Marcus Willett

Disclosures:
    Well, if you tell me what it is, I might be able to find it somewhere else...
  12. Emprov

Emprov

It doesn't have any branding on it, just a black treble clef inside of a orange/yellow upside down triangle. I think it was something that MF either had made for them or bought up. I know, again, not much help.
  13. Marcus Willett

Disclosures:
    Turns out this bag fits LIKE A GLOVE. in fact it's such a tight fit I had to remove the feet, but it fits. Just FWIW.