Genz Benz NX2-212T

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by king_arthur1953, Nov 1, 2012.

1. king_arthur1953

king_arthur1953

Any feedback yet on the Genz Bemz NX2-212T cabinets? I am interested in pairing it with a STL900
  2. willsellout

willsellout

I have one. What would you like to know?
  3. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Supporting Member

It's a great cab. This is the new iteration of the NeoX 212t. Easy to move, loud, tons of low end.
  4. king_arthur1953

king_arthur1953

What is your opinion of its coloration, how clear the bottom end is, how well it handles power. I want to pair it with a STL900. Do you have any experience with that amp/cabinet match?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. guy n. cognito

Minimal color, slight low mid bump. Clear bottom. Mates well with the Streamliner.
  7. willsellout

willsellout

This.

Mine is currently mated with the STL900 and it's a great match. I can dial in pretty much whatever I want and it sounds great. I was pushing quite a bit of volume through it the other night and it wasn't even breaking a sweat. Sounded better the more it was pushed.

Moving it is not that comfortable, but it works. Handles only on the top kind of sucks; I'd much rather have a couple handles on the sides as well. It's pretty light and easy to move though. It seems to be very well built.
  8. king_arthur1953

king_arthur1953

Thanks, I was concerned about over driving it with the 900 watt streamliner since it is rated at 600 watts. Do you feel the stl900 gets better when you push the preamp into that tuby compression? I would hate not being able to get there becuase my cab couldn't handle it.
  9. guy n. cognito

Even with the pre pushed, you can still turn down the master volume.....

The cab can take a lot. If you need to run seriously high volumes, consider putting a compressor or limiter in your chain to control the spikes.
  10. willsellout

willsellout

Honestly I haven't pushed it that far. The other night I had the gain knob pushed in and the gain cranked to around noon which gave it a nice bark but it wasn't to the point where I was hearing any noticeable compression. I have a friend who plays in a very loud punk band with this setup and he's never had issues with his Neox not being to handle the power, and these Neox2's apparently have a little bit better handling and performance.
  11. king_arthur1953

king_arthur1953

Thanks you for the insight.
  12. truss71

truss71

Amazing cabinet. I borrowed it from a good friend for two big gigs. I had the opportunity to use it on a rather large stage with a Streamliner 900. You wouldn't believe the volume and tone this thing has for such a small light box. I didn't like the Streamliner 900. A bit boomy.

The next day used the cabinet with an Ampeg SVT 3 head and it was even more amazing. The gig was outdoors with a rock band and volume wasn't an issue. Nice tight bottom end. I use a 1976 P Bass with La Bella Flat Wounds. The cabinet was able to produce a nice vintage tone.

I'm also getting older and weight is a big issue for me. At 47 lbs, your back will be thanking you at the end of the night. I have luggage that weighs more than this when I go to Thailand every summer.

Definitely going to pick one up soon. They're not cheap but well worth it.
  13. DaRQsiDe

DaRQsiDe

Apparently, they are cheaper than NeoX-212T's... Got one brand new off of eBay for $750, including shipping, couldn't pass the opportunity...
  14. Ncognito

Ncognito Banned

Disclosures:
    Owner, Xsonics Bass Cabinets
    Terrific cabinet. I own one and use it as a reference cabinet, not for gigging. Nothing but good things to be said. Getting in the ballpark of the GB 212T NX2 is one of my "tone" objectives. Everyone who has one raves about it.
  15. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi Supporting Member

I am thinking about this cab as I now gig out with my GB Streamliner 900 into a Bergantino HS 410 and that cab is really heavy. I want lighter with decent low end and this GB cab sounds great. I play a lot of night clubs / restaurants where space is limited (as is parking!).

Anyone try it with a Genz Benz Shuttle 9.0? Curious there as well. I think I may be calling my favorite dealer, Greg @ Rocket Music....
  16. willsellout

willsellout

I did not like it with the Streamliner....at all. If you are going with a shuttle, I imagine it would pair really nicely.
  17. Bipslapper

Wow, thanks for the fast reply! I have to tweak the Streamliner a bit for most of my basses except for my Modulus Q5 which sounds fantastic into the SL and Berg cab.

It really is the hauling of the big 410 cab that is a bummer. I agree that this GB cab should pair nicely with the Shuttle 9.0 for a nice, modern tone with decent low end (I hope).

Appreciate your feedback.
  18. MrCool84

MrCool84 Supporting Member

Cannot find one at any of the major retailers. Why is this thing unavailable?
  19. TinIndian

TinIndian

A friend of mine runs a Shuttle 6.0 through an older GB212T and it sounds incredible. Very deep and clear. I can only assume that a Shuttle 9.0 through one of the newer cabs would sound at least as good.

I want one to pair with my Streamliner 900. Tired of 4x10's.
  20. MrCool84

MrCool84 Supporting Member

They all seem to have the older one but not the nx2. i found one on ebay and thats it.
  21. Bipslapper

Call Greg Bump @ Rocket Music