1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.
  2. Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting. Note that the Classifieds Forums are now single-post ads. You can edit your ad any time to enter additional information. You can BUMP your ad by clicking the "bump" link at the bottom of your post (once every 24 hours). Thanks!

Genz Benz Quad GB 1288T-UQ

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Dinosaur Punk, Jan 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dinosaur Punk

Dinosaur Punk Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky, DNA Cabinets
    Price drop: now $600 shipped CONUS.

Excellent condition. Great sounding cab.

One indentation on lower edge. One scratch on underside of box. Two minor rubbed indentations on side. All are pictured.

From a non-smoking home.

Note: I paired this with a Genz Benz GB 115T-UB, which is also for sale on talkbass.com

Front
    [​IMG]
    Front, grill removed
    [​IMG]
    Underside
    [​IMG]
    Rear
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Left Side
    [​IMG]
    Right side
    [​IMG]
    Minor ding on underside edge, close-up
    [​IMG]

Very willing to deal for local (i don't have to ship it) cash price. Please PM me for details.
  2. moeroncuban

moeroncuban Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

These cabs are simply AWESOME!
  3. Dinosaur Punk

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Disclosures:
    I agree. In fact I am torn between selling this one, or just getting another one and running two!

But -- I know that this cab won't come out too often to the really teeny-tiny bar I am playing every week so I think I am going to have to hold myself to the direction of thinning the herd. Therefore:

Price Drop: Now $600.00 Shipped CONUS.
  4. funkucan'ttouch

funkucan'ttouch Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

I've been debating buying two of these! I worry about the over all volume compared to 2 stl2-210 cabs !!? Do you have any enlightening words ?
  5. Dinosaur Punk

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Disclosures:

I can't offer a direct a/b comparison between the quad and the 2x210, because I've never used a 210 (or 2 of them) in a "live fire" situation.

However, I did run this cab with just one side of my ShuttleMax 12.0 for a while until I got the GB 115 I put under the Quad. This single Quad cab did great in multiple situations, including one with 3 loud guitars, keys, and drummer.

I would also think the Quad cab is more "apparently loud" because
    A) the important mid frequencies are handled by 2 8" drivers in a separate sealed inner cab
    B) the very well-tuned porting
    C) the extreme rigidity of the actual cabinet
    D) If you were running two of these, you'd have more raw cone inches moving than with 4-10's

I think the most important opinion I can share, besides the above, is the difference in character that these GB Quad cabs have - they are not at all like 2-10 or 4-10 cabs. They are much more transparent, yet still very musical. Don't get me wrong - I love the somewhat scooped (to my ears) sound of a good 4-10 and the inherent frequencies emphasis that most good 4-10s bring to the party. You won't get that from these cabs unless your, bass, amp, or eq puts it in. They are quite balanced - perhaps the most balanced cabs I've ever personally used.

My preferred MO is to run amps pretty flat and uncolored, and hopefully acquire a minimum of color from my cabs as well. When I plug a different bass or switch pickups, I want to hear that change, without excessive coloration from anything else in the signal chain. That is what you get with these GB Quad cabs.

I'd better stop now before I talk myself into keeping this one (or buying another).

I hope this blather is helpful!
  6. FunkyMcNasty

FunkyMcNasty Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0

Great cab here! I love the Über line. I have not found anything with a better all around tone than the über stuff, and I've tried a lot lately. It has the punch of 10's with the extended content of a 12. Best of both worlds. As for volume, I'd say its louder than any 210 that I've ever used. GLWTS.
  7. funkucan'ttouch

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

Thank you both! Now if I can convince the wife!

And yes, that post was the best I've gotten when I ask about these cabs!
  8. moeroncuban

moeroncuban Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

K E E P

T H E E

U B E R !!!!!!!!!!!
  9. mwbonsall

mwbonsall Expendable Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

+1, and get one more before they disappear!

Mark
  10. funkucan'ttouch

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

Still for sale ?
  11. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Free bump from another Uber lover. I have a couple of Aguilar DB series cabs that I like a lot, but my Uber 212 is the ONE cab I'll never part with. The whole Uber line is impressive, with their clarity, punch, and old school flavored tones. To the OP, I'd keep it, and to any potential buyers, grab this cab- you'll be happy you did.
  12. Dinosaur Punk

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Disclosures:
    Hmmm. Here's a pro tip, which I did not follow myself:
    Don't let your talkbass supporting membership expire.

I apologize to those of you who were trying to reach me. Bad form...:crying:
  13. Dinosaur Punk

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Disclosures:
    I am giving in to the uber-love peer pressure: so I am going to hang on to this cabinet, as my "single-cab" solution.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.