1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Genz-Benz Shuttle MAX 9.2

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by RocketMusic, Jan 12, 2011.

1. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Just like the Streamliner heads, the Shuttle MAX 9.2 heads will start arriving here at Rocket Music later this month. I've got a slew of these on order, too, so I'm also doing the pre-order thing on these. You can read all about it here. And if that doesn't make sense, by all means post a question here!

Sorry for the fuzzy photo - I'm trying to get my hands on a better one!
    [​IMG]

2. VroomVroom

VroomVroom Supporting Member

Definitely looks cool! Stoopid yewzer question - anywhere you can point for tech specs?

On the pre-amp side of things, I love the option to switch/blend channels...some of my basses, for example, sound better through the FET channel and vice versa. My concern with the MAX12.0 was that there simply wasn't enough juice into 8-ohms on the power side. (At the time, I was running into cabs that only had a single input...understood that this doesn't specifically apply when using cabs that can be daisied.)

3. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Yeah, I need to find the complete specs myself. For now, all I know is that it's 500W into 8 ohms, 900W into 4.

Oh, and weight = 7lbs.

4. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Yessir - does the 9.2 part mean 900 watts x 2 channels? I've read about the Max 9 but may not have realized it was called the 9.2.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. VroomVroom

VroomVroom Supporting Member

Thanks, Greg. Makes perfect sense on the output spec, since that matches the 9.0. Kinda' curious about the dot-two myself, though. Seems like 'MAX9.0' would be more consistent the the 6.0 and 12.0 models.

7. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Yeah, it's a little confusing. The MAX 12.0 had two independent 600W power sections that could NOT be bridged, so you had to use two cabs to get to 1200W.

Looks like the 9.2 is just 900W regardless of whether you use one or two cabs (as long as the total load is 4 ohms). I guess the main thing is you now have the two independent (and blendable) preamp sections. There may be more to it, but I haven't seen anything with details yet...

8. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs, Jule Amps
    does the head come with an honorary phd in knobology?

9. rodneyat

rodneyat Supporting Member

I think it's basically the Shuttle 9.0 Power section with the Shuttlemax front end. A really combo, IMHO. I never really liked the two independent amps on the Max 12.

10. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Maybe the ".2" means "two" preamp sections? Sure, then the MAX 6.0 and the MAX 12.0 should have been the MAX 6.2 and the MAX 12.2... but hey, who says life has to make complete sense ALL the time?!?

Or maybe it's to differentiate the single power section MAX 9.2 from the dual power section MAX 6.0 and MAX 12.0? Although that nomenclature seems logically backwards...

Go figger. I'm sure it makes sense in somebody's grand plan!

11. mwbonsall

mwbonsall Expendable Supporting Member

The Max 12.0 is perfect for running two 4 ohm cabs, but for a pair of the new uber cabs the 9 will be perfect.

Mark

12. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    So on Jan 12, Mark ordered one Shuttle MAX 9.2 head and another UBER Quad cabinet. Sound about right, Mark?!? :D:D:D

13. mwbonsall

Working on it!! Or the Streamliner, this one looks great also.

14. LilRay

LilRay

Disclosures:
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    You is da debbil!:ninja::help:

Baggin' on Mark like that.:eek:

See Mark I told ya Greg was a Doodie Brother.:bag:

:D

God Bless, Ray

15. LilRay

LilRay

Disclosures:
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    BTW, Jerry's OCD has infected me. I refuse to order one of these until they get the numerology right!:rollno:

:D

God Bless, Ray

16. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
    If anyone is looking for a good deal on a like new Eden WT550B, mine's for sale.;)

I'm gonna be buying myself one of these as soon as it sells.

17. mwbonsall

I think you will really like the GB Ryan. I have most of my Eden gear sold, I want to add the Streamliner 900 to my collection of power.

Mark

18. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
    I got a chance to gig a Max 12 last weekend, when the input jack on my Eden was messed up.

Pretty much sold me on the Max heads, just on tone/functions alone. Then when you factor in the light weight, I see no reason to lug around a 50lb rack setup anymore.

19. SteveC

SteveC

I went from Eden to Genz Benz. Just trying to decide what head and cab I want to haul around and what makes sense for my (usually) smaller and softer gigs.

20. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs, Jule Amps
    Shhh! Don't tell Greg that :D

21. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    I've just about given up on trusting my ears. I used the Quad and a Shuttle 9.0 for rehearsal last night, and it was hugely fat. Like to the point that I felt like mids were missing... all I would have had to do was walk across the room and push the Shuttle's "Low Boost" button off... but that was like 15' away, and I was comfortable. :rollno:

It was the complete opposite of my problem when I use the Quad with my 70lb bag o' 'tronics (the CA 4 is too weak to push the 12" woofer, so it's ALL mids).

I just wish my CA9 had showed up today so I could start dialing in on my final tone with the new cabs... I'm sick of stuff changing and sounding like a$$. I need a stable baseline. :rollno::help::meh: