1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Genz Benz Streamliner 900... blue interior light out....

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Sharknose79, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Sharknose79

Sharknose79 UNPAID greenboy/fEARful endorser Supporting Member

...has this happened to anyone else?

[​IMG]
  2. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

Yes, it's no biggy. Context Genz and they'll take care of ya.
  3. agedhorse

agedhorse Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Supporting Member

Pm me and I will help you get this taken care of
  4. krutonlowend

krutonlowend

Same thing happened to me. I got it fixed, took it home plugged it in and the lights worked...for about three seconds and then were gone again. Luckily it doesn't affect the amp performance it just sucks because I have to wait until we have a couple weeks with no gigs to send it to the shop. My own fault really, I should have kept my ampeg until I had my shuttle hear for a backup. Agedhorse will take care of you though. Best of luck.
  5. OtisRocks

OtisRocks

Are you regretting letting your marketing guru (Hapa?) talk you into the blue lights yet? :)

BTW, loving my Streamliner 600 with the Thunderchild TC112AF. Thanks for the suggestion PW.
  6. BuffaloBob4343

Boy, don't you love it when your smartphone turns a noun into a verb for you! :p
  7. agedhorse

Depending on where you are located, I can also take care of this under warranty at my northern CA R&D facility. If this is of interest, PM me. Turn around time is a day or two.
  8. BuffaloBob4343

^^^^^^THIS ^^^^^^ ;)
  9. agedhorse

Naaah, not Hapa's fault;) . Just a few defective LED's, that's all. It does point out why it's important that any product, no matter how well designed and executed, have a robust warranty. This backs up any unforeseen problem with a particular unit with a factory supported solution for the customer.

Glad your SL is working well with your TC112. Sounds like a user friendly performance rig!
  10. agedhorse

Yeah, my smart phone has made me look less than smart way too many times. Sometimes they just try way too hard ;)
  11. BuffaloBob4343

Because of course, as we both KNOW, it couldn't possibly have been, oh I don't know, operator error.:bag::D
  12. agedhorse

Of course ;)
  13. Sharknose79

Sharknose79 UNPAID greenboy/fEARful endorser Supporting Member

I've been in touch with agedhorse.
    He's sent me several different options.

This should be quick & painless.
  14. krutonlowend

krutonlowend

I'm in southern Indiana so it is probably just as easy to take it back the shop where I bought it. I take the PE exam in April so I won't be gigging for a month or two while I study so I have down time to send it in.
  15. agedhorse

Sounds good, if they need help they can always e-mail me.

Studying for the PE exam is like an advanced case of the flue... miserable but you know that eventually you will get through it. Which exam? How was your EIT experience?
  16. krutonlowend

krutonlowend

I have never heard it described like that before, but from what I have heard that is pretty accurate! I am a mechanical turned civil, so I will be taking the civil exam. The EIT went really well, but I also took that in school when things were still fresh in my mind. I'm taking a review course so that should help brush me up on a few things.
  17. agedhorse

Good luck with it. Sometime being experienced can work against you, making you think too hard!
  18. Hapa

Hapa

Disclosures:
    Bass Industry guy, currently a free agent
    jabby-jab-jab...

The Streamliner is a fantastically engineered amp designed far before I joined the team. FYI
  19. OtisRocks

OtisRocks

Looks like I had one too many wobbly pops on Saturday night. I hope my lame joke didn't cause any offence.

The Streamliner is far and away the coolest amp I've ever owned and it has never let me down. :)
  20. jzfunkateer

jzfunkateer

Dropped an email to support over at GB. Couple of days ago.. Received a confirmation email from Fender. But have yet to receive a response from a human. Anyone have an idea on how long it takes to receive a response?
    Thanks