Genz Benz Streamliner 900 carry bag

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by guitarflinger, Feb 18, 2014.

1. guitarflinger

guitarflinger Supporting Member

I purchased a GB Streamliner 900 about a year ago. I did not buy a carry bag at that time and since have been unable to locate a GB carry bag ANYWHERE.

However, I just purchased the following Gator bag ($35), and it is a perfect fit for the Streamliner. Side pocket for cord, fairly well padded, handle and shoulder strap.

Consider this if you are looking for one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002EJVL8/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Guitarflinger
  2. Wolffgang

Wolffgang

Ugh, consider yourself lucky you couldn't find one of their bags; I bought one along with my streamliner roughly two years ago, and it couldn't have been more of a piece of crap. It's front-loading rather than top-loading like the gator, and even getting the streamliner into it was a struggle because of the feet, and even then it fell apart within a few months. I've been using the gator since, and it's been perfect, couldn't be happier with it.
  3. guitarflinger

guitarflinger Supporting Member

Good to know. Thanks
  4. Mark Nye

Mark Nye

I've been using one of these since I got my 900.

http://www.target.com/p/swissgear-backpack-black-charcoal/-/A-14127454

Laptop compartment fits the amp like a glove. Other compartments fit everything else I need for the gig. Padding is heavy enough that I don't worry about a bump here and there. I get from the car to the club in one trip with this on my back, a bass in one hand, and a cab in the other. If you're looking for an all-in-one gear bag, I definitely recommend it.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. noahw1

noahw1 Supporting Member

I use a similar laptop bag and love it! Fits all my cables, a pedal or two, tools and a ton of miscellaneous items with room to spare.
  7. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am Gold Supporting Member

I have that almost exact bag and it works great.
  8. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

I used a Gig Skinz small mixer bag when I owned mine (also worked well for a Tecamp Puma1000).
  9. jburtonca

jburtonca

That has been my experience with the Genz-Benz bag also. The two flimsy zippers at the top are a joke. There is a small handle on top of the bag. You think they can handle the weight of a 6.5 lb. amp? No way!

Thanks for the info. on the Gator bag, I'll look for one of those.

Jeff
  10. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

This is the same bag I purchased for mine when the Streamliner first came out and Genz didn't have a bag for it yet. It's still perfect.

11. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules! Supporting Member

My Genz Benz bag for my Shuttle 6.2 works fine, but it's only 3.75 pounds. It originally held
    the 6.0. Now that these bags are gone, I'll have to pick something up for it.
  12. soxhats

soxhats Supporting Member

+1 on the piece of sheeyat GB bag. I'm going to get this.
  13. tink9975

tink9975 Supporting Member

I'm kinda surprised at the problems people had with the GB bag, I've been using mine for a year and a half (only 2-4 gigs a month) with no trouble.
  14. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner at Mo's Shop - Tech at Nordstrand Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Nordstrand - DR strings - Sadowsky - Genz Benz
    My STLM 9.2 bag is been with me for more than two years and used several times a week and it's been excellent!
    GB had a run of bad bags back then, and they got rid of that manufacturer.
  15. soxhats

soxhats Supporting Member

Ah, that must be it. Mine developed a large rip on the interior, like, five seconds after I started using it.
  16. noahw1

noahw1 Supporting Member

I had a Shuttle bag and eventually the seam split near the zipper. There are definitely better bags for the Genz amps than what they offered. I use a lap top bag for my Streamliner.
  17. Gab124

Gab124 The path is greater than the destination Supporting Member

[​IMG]

I like the storm case - works great and really tuff.
  18. jburtonca

jburtonca

I just bought the Gator bag for my Streamliner 900. It's excellent.
  19. blowinblue

blowinblue official non-user of Fender and Ampeg Supporting Member

Not to take anything away from the Gator bag (which seems like a great choice), but I went a different route. This was custom ordered from Studio Slips. My preference was to have the amp sit sideways when carried by the handle but since Susan already has the dimensions it would be easy for her to turn it around so that the backside is carried facing down, knobs facing up. It comes with a shoulder strap. Since I'm the only person that ever touches my gear the protection this bag provides is sufficient. :) www.studioslips.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

M. M.
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2014