1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Genz Benz Uber 1288T Opinions

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by SCT1422, Dec 10, 2012.

1. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

I checked one of these out with my Shuttle 9.2 and thought it was cool.. Just wanted some quick opinions and yes I did a search..
  2. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

Any help ??
  3. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist:Alleva-Coppolo| MESA |Genz-Benz R.I.P.|REDDI|Westone
    I have a Pair of them.. And when used together it is potent... And you can get nice even sound from top to bottom... I have been using my Uber 115 pair for most of my gigs though since im needing more of a rock voice.
    I have also done rock gigs with the 1288s and it worked great.. But i would use teh 1288s on gigs where i needed a more hifi tone.. Pop, funk, some R&B and clean country.. the 1288 really shines well in those situations
  4. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

The UQ1288T is a cab that has a very specific tone. It's hard to put into words, but deep isn't one of them. Maybe a more VOCAL sound if that makes any sense. Hi-Fi I guess, but with a more round tone.

I had one and had to let it go as I was looking for a more woolly and deep tone. I was pairing it with my STM-900.
  5. harleyboy

harleyboy

I love my Uber Quad...for me it is as stated...kind of HiFi! What you EQ it to do it seems to do very well at least for me with my Shuttle 9.0.

I want to add another Quad I think but I am also maybe interested in adding the Uber 15? Has anyone got experience with that combo?
  6. 5StringPocket

5StringPocket Supporting Member

I think Greg from Rocket Music also had that combo. There are posts on it, probably about a year ago.
  7. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    I have a uber quad and the uber 115 It's a great combo. But I have been using my uber115 pairs more than anything lately simply because of the music I am doing right now. But über quad pair will rock and be hifi too
  8. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    If you have an uber quad pair, the SM9,2 does a nice job of hifi.
  9. funkucan'ttouch

funkucan'ttouch Supporting Member

I have been using two stl 2-210s with a shuttle 9.2, and have been looking at getting a pair of these. Anyone have any opinions on these two? I mainly play 7 and 9 strings, so would it be worth the change ? Would they compare overall volume wise ? Be better tonally ?
  10. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

I've never gigged a quad, but I have played through one. I would think a pair of those would be perfect for what you're doing! Such a nice smooth response over the range.
  11. funkucan'ttouch

funkucan'ttouch Supporting Member

How would they compare overall output to a 2x10 or 2x12?