1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Genz Benz upgrade finished for now

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by uprightearl, Apr 3, 2014.

1. uprightearl

uprightearl

My light weight gear upgrade is finished for now. I was excited to upgrade my profile, its been awhile. Was finally able to find a Genz Benz Shuttle 6 2x10 , lightly used in my price range. What a difference from lifting the Fender Pro-400 2x10 in and out of the van and up stairs, plus the huge improvement in tone. The Headway EDB-1 arrived today so I'll finally be able to mix my Audio-Technica Pro-35 with my Fishman BP-100, both elements stuffed into the wing slot of bridge, without the 35 hooked up at the 5 piece celtic-rock band , the Clanns, practice last Sunday the drummer said was 1 of the best upright tones he'd heard in his 30 years of playing. Well wait for this Sunday and I'll post what he says. Next, of course, is an upgrade of my pickup but that'll have to wait until after a few gigs as I'm broke but happy. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/image...w.talkbass.com/forum/images/smilies/hyper.gif

2. uprightearl

uprightearl

A thanks goes out to the musicians who have helped make my search easier with their experience with gear. Yes I'm late to the lightweight upgrade but am glad that i waited until the right gear came along in this small market here on Vancouver Island, Canada. Again thanks everyone !

3. Champagne

Champagne

I'll tell you, there's nothing like having an upright bass with complimenting rig that brings compliments! feels really good :)

4. uprightearl

uprightearl

The Headway had to send back, the threaded washer thing for mounting on a mic stand was loose, replacement on its way.
    I used it for a bluegrass practice with BlueRose Bluegrass, audiotecnica pro-35, to headway, to p.a. and it was a huge improvement in overall tone. Looking forward to the headway at our first festival gig this May when we will be 1 of the opening acts for Canadian folk icon, Valdy.

5. Register to disable this ad