Genz Benz warranty now through Fender??

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Pedulla-Player, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Pedulla-Player

Pedulla-Player

Does Fender now handle Genz Benz warranties?? The mother board needs to be replaced on my SM9.2. Long story , but I don't have the receipt , and more than likely wont be able to get one. The repairman at the music store that I deal with who is a Genz Benz dealer said that I need a receipt for the warranty to cover the part and repair. He told me that Fender took over Genz Benz warranties about 6 months ago. I heard so many good stories about Genz Benz and their warranties (one of the reasons that I decided to go with Genz Benz) , and now that I need their great warranty service - They don't handle it anymore?? The part that needs fixing isn't serviceable and the whole mother board needs to be replaced and it costs $400 for the board. Who knows how much extra for the repairman. If I'm going to be $500+ for the repairs I may as well throw in a couple extra hundred and buy a new amp. Problem is - I just stuck $800 in to my wife's vehicle and I'm broke right now. Talk about bad timing. I just don't know what to do. I'm so bummed out hearing about all of those great stories about Genz Benz warranties and now that I need them....:crying:
  2. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

You need to IMMEDIATELY call Genz Benz. More likely than not, Jeff will answer the phone or get back with you.

If your retailer is an authorized Genz dealer, they will have information on when you bought it, etc. in their records.

I would be shocked if they don't totally take care of you (unless you did something stupid like pour a beer into your amp or something... and even then they will at least help you out:p)

Edit: Genz and Fender (and SWR) have been 'sister' companies for a long time... nothing to worry about.

PS You can also PM agedhorse on TB, but I would recommend a phone call. Number is on their site.
  3. Pedulla-Player

Pedulla-Player

Thanks for clearing that up KJung!
    I didn't buy the amp new - I traded for it here on TB. Unfortunately , so did the guy I got it from....

I'm off to work now , so I'll call in the morning. Anybody have his number??
  4. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Just go to the Genz site in the morning. Jeff's direct email is on the site also, but a repair/warranty situation is ALWAYS better handled by a call. They will know how old the amp is based on the serial number, etc. for warranty purposes.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

It is always a good idea to ask.
  7. agedhorse

agedhorse Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Supporting Member

Pedulla-Player, please PM me so I can get more information and get you some help.

In addition to our Genz Benz service centers, any Fender (electronics) authorized service center globally can handle your warranty claims.
  8. jlepre

jlepre

Isn't that warranty transferable?
  9. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

The simple answer is for the OP to PM Agedhorse. He's with Genz-Benz and he will take care of the issue.

It would be handy for the OP to let us know what he finds out.
  10. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

That's not a choice that's a necessity! Got to keep the girls safe yes?
  11. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules! Supporting Member

Genz Benz for the win, again!
  12. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Aside from the quality of the product .. this is another reason why I am sold on GB for life.

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:
  13. Tim1

Tim1

I have never owned GB gear before, but this thread makes me wish I had. And now maybe I will some time in the future. Well done, GB.
  14. wcriley

wcriley

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    Agedhorse's presence here had just as much weight as the amp's versatility when I decided to buy a Max 9.2.
  15. Pedulla-Player

Pedulla-Player

agedhorse :cool: is going to look into it for me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they can work something out. I didn't mean to come off as bad-mouthing Genz Benz , but the repairman made it sound like their warranty services changed 6 months ago and things weren't as they were before. That really had me bummed out because of all the positive comments that I have heard about their customer service. I apologize if I came off that way. Maybe I misunderstood the repairman or maybe he was lead to believe something different. Hopefully this will get worked out for me.

Yes BassmanPaul:bassist: - definitely a necessity to say the least!!!
  16. Musicman20

Musicman20

The Fender UK service centre has never been that great when it comes to actual Fender gear. They tried to repair a guitar amp I had a few years back (problem with one of the speakers) and sent it back saying it was fine. The store who dealt with the return didn't even sell me it, but they helped me send it back to them. The store still said it was faulty, rang Fender UK again, and just ordered a new speaker and asked for them to pay for the speaker/hassle of posting etc.

In the end they did, but then I bought a few Fender P/J basses and they weren't that great with the warranty.

Skip to when I got my Streamliner, and Agedhorse got involved, MUCH better service from Fender UK.

GB will always, IMO, have the best customer service out there.
  17. georgestrings

georgestrings Supporting Member

All of the above, except I bought a new Streamliner 900 after nothing but positive experiences in the past while owning a GBE600 and NeoPak3.5 - great company, great products, and Aged's presence here is an added bonus...

- georgestrings
  18. modulusman

modulusman

Another happy camper here. I own a lot of their gear and couldn't be happier. I had a small problem and when I called the company Jeff answered the phone took care of me.
  19. agedhorse

agedhorse Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Supporting Member

Guys, we will always try as hard as possible to take care of things. It's not possible to service the "entire world" personally which is why it's helpful to have the fender service network available. Either myself or our other product engineer Scott are always available to support the entire global fender service network and help them with any Genz Benz product service
  20. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist:Alleva-Coppolo| MESA |Genz-Benz R.I.P.|REDDI|Westone
    Happy Thanksgiving Agedhorse Andy.. and to Jeff and Scott.. Have a great day!
  21. Pedulla-Player

Pedulla-Player

Looks like you've made an very impressive reputation here on Talkbass with your presence here :cool:. Way to go! Seems to have swayed many people to go Genz Benz knowing they have such great support (and great products as well). One of a kind to say the least. :hyper: