Genz Benz Warranty

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by basso_profundo, Jan 13, 2014.

1. basso_profundo

basso_profundo

It sounds like Genz Benz is going away as its own brand and will be incorporated into the Fender line.

I just picked up a new Genz Benz Contour 500, does anyone know if Fender will cover the warranty?
  2. Jim C

Jim C Supporting Member

I was told yes by my local dealer (Washington Music Center) that is selling old GB inventory.
  3. Hapa

Hapa

Disclosures:
    Bass Industry guy, currently a free agent
    The warranty will be covered by Fender. FMIC has been doing the customer service for over a year now.
  4. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Genz-Benz didn't drop off the face of the earth, Jeff and Andy are at FMIC. Andy (agedhorse) even has a repair station in his R&D lab in California for out of warranty repairs for reasonable cost and quick turn around.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Yep.

OP: I wouldn't even worry about the GB warranty being covered.
  7. Joedog

Joedog

From what I was told, GB/F has yet to receive a Contour back with issues!!!! Looking forward to getting mine soon.....back ordered.......argh.
  8. agedhorse

agedhorse Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Supporting Member

Warranty is not a problem, Fender and GB service centers are handling repairs. I can also handle warranty and non-warranty repairs at my R&D lab in CA as well.
  9. basso_profundo

basso_profundo

Thanks for the replies!

Good to hear - I absolutely love the amp.
  10. dmckahan

dmckahan

I had heard at NAMM, that Fender was phasing-out the Genz Benz line. (Very upsetting for a long-time GB user). I'd waited to upgrade my GB gear, and after NAMM, had to hustle to find and order a Shuttle Max 9.2 and 4x10 Uber cab. There is very little GB inventory left in the pipeline.
    I'm glad to hear that Fender will honor the Genz Benz warranties.
    Any thoughts on availability of GB parts in the future?
  11. TuneIn

TuneIn Supporting Member

I've recently acquired a Shuttle Max 9.2 and 4x10 Uber cab. I've been using a 6.0 shuttle max with great results, in Rock, Alt-Rock, and Country music for the last 5 years. it would be a shame if their business line is re-branded as a "Fender" product. Booooo!