1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Genz Benz warranty?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by ou812, Mar 3, 2014.

1. ou812

ou812

So I consider myself one of the lucky ones that scored one of the last GB Contour combos and ext cabinet. While I would have bought them anyway, I thought I heard on here that Fender would be honoring the warranty. So I was a little surprised today to see my warranty cards came back Return to Sender. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about just how Fender's going to honor, or if maybe the cards aren't all that important.

2. vickde

vickde Supporting Member

3. bujubonton

bujubonton

I cant find the 15 extension cab anywhere. Anywhere... Its like a unicorn or a selfie photo with bigfoot. Any fellow bassists that can point me in the right direction? Searching via the internet has been fruitless....

4. Eatapeach1965

Eatapeach1965

As long as you have the receipt,the warrantee will be honored.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. dieselman

dieselman Supporting Member

Pro Audio star has them. 379.00.:hyper:

7. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

The same thing happened with my warranty cards. "Return To Sender - Forwarding Expired". You can still register them online though at the Genz-Benz site.

As for Fender, I don't know what to expect as far as warranty work. I saw that Andy (Aged Horse) has worked with several people to help them out with their GB gear after the Fender acquisition. No surprise there; but I doubt that Fender will provide anywhere near the service that Jeff and Andy did.

8. Amara

Amara Fumble-Fingered Beginner Supporting Member

I couldn't find the Contour 115 extension cab proper, but the Focus 115 was still available and reasonably priced a month ago when I snagged one. Things may have changed since then.

9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    Genz Benz has officially declared that they're done, Jeff left, and Andy went to Mesa. However, Jeff and Andy are still going to fulfill warranty service for GB amps.

And warranty cards aren't important as long as you can prove your purchase with a receipt. By law, businesses can't require you to send in the warranty card.

10. DarylW

DarylW Supporting Member

I had a very sad day this past Sunday.

During warm up with my church praise band, my faithful (since 7/2012) Streamliner 900 made a rather large pop (or crackle?) and went dead (a faint odor of fried electronics exuded from the fan holes). I have been hauling my one and only beloved amp back and forth twice a week (in a highly regarded Pelican 1520) for over 18 months without any incident (other than the pretty blue lights going out last year, which saddened me but it was cosmetic). I got through the gig using an old dust-covered Ampeg combo...

I did a tube swap when I got home with some recently bought tubes from Eurotubes and Dougs tubes and no improvement. Appears to be a power supply thing, I'm guessing.

(Oddly, was recently considering getting a backup amp - choices were #1 ShuttleMax 9.2 (sadly, none to be found) :(, #2 M6 Carbine, and #3 Tone Hammer 500)

Now I need to arrange warranty service... so of course I check in here and am so pleased to learn that my baby will be in the best of hands! Let me add my congratulations to you on your new gig with Mesa, Andy! I wish you the very best.

Daryl

11. agedhorse

agedhorse Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Supporting Member

No worries Daryl, PM me and I will get you the necessary info.

12. DarylW

DarylW Supporting Member

Sorry, I haven't been on in a while. I just wanted to close the loop with a follow up post to let everyone know that my amp was rapidly and expertly repaired under warranty. All my thanks go out to Andy! He even fixed the pretty blue lights! :hyper:

I am so glad to have my Streamliner back and working beautifully, and I definitely still love this amp and the quality that went into it. My wife and others have noted how much clearer it sounds compared to the backup combo I was using. :D:bassist:

13. Jeff Genzler

Jeff Genzler

Nice work Andy!

DW---Its nice to have a wife that knows good tone!
    When the Mrs. is happy then everyone is happy.

Jeff

14. Bass7755

Bass7755 Supporting Member

This is GREAT news. I love my Streamliner and plan on keeping it.
    Dan