1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Genz Shuttle 6.0 and twin 112s rig experience

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by revlimitbounce, Oct 31, 2013.

1. revlimitbounce

revlimitbounce Supporting Member

Curious if anyone's gigged with a Genz Shuttle 6.0 and twin Focus 112 cabs. If so, what size room's max advisable?
  2. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules! Supporting Member

I probably would have bought two of these cabs if they'd existed. I went for two GK Neo 112 IIs, great cabs as well. I have a GB Shuttle 6.0 as well. Of course, the cabs are not the same, but my rig has played fairly large outdoor venues, miked of course. With them stacked vertically, I can hear them just fine at most gigs. I think you have a great rig and can rock it anywhere. I'm sure others will chime in about the combo you have. :)
  3. blindrabbit

blindrabbit

I gigged a Shuttle 6.0 with two Traynor TC112 cabs (stacked vertically). I was able to play a small/medium size bar with virtually no PA support - the sound guy said he preferred the sound coming off the rig than what he was getting for me going through the PA, if you can believe that. Anyway, I was nowhere even close to running the amp flat out…I don't even know if I was at noon on the master.
  4. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

I have the same experience with a Carvin head and two DB 12" cabs. Never had a problem hearing myself and actually have been told to dial it back onstage by the sound guy. I'm pumping 275w into each cab and have gone un-miked in medium size clubs. I have buddies who do festival gigs with less because they have big monitor support. Basically in situations where all the drums are mic'd, they should be mic'ing the bass also.
  5. revlimitbounce

revlimitbounce Supporting Member

Okay, great, thanks. These Focus cabs were inexpensive, sound really good and they're very lightweight, so onward and upward....
  6. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member

That rig will sound fine in up to medium size venues if you have to carry the whole place. I gigged a Shuttle 6.0 and two GB Neox-112s. Loved the sound of a pair as opposed to just one cab. Something magical about a dual-driver coupling.
  7. DRafalske

DRafalske

For a while I used my Shuttle 6.0-12T combo with a second 12T extension cabinet. Sounded great. Small footprint. Easy schlep. I agree with the comment of it being good up to medium sized venues if you're carrying the place. Anything more and you should have PA support anyway, still useful as your on-stage monitor.