Genz Shuttle 6.2/12T Amp Cover Rec's Needed

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by MichaelVee, Nov 28, 2012.

1. MichaelVee

MichaelVee Supporting Member

I have an incoming Shuttle 6.2/12T combo amp. I checked on both LeCover and Tuki's websites. Neither has a cover for the Series 2 Shuttle combo, no doubt due to the extra "box" required to cover the head and mount. I know we have a few other 6.0/6.2 series Shuttle combo owners here on TB. What are you guys using for an amp cover, and who made it for you?

I wish G-B would start making covers for their cabs and combos..
  2. KJung

KJung

Probably the thing to do there is to just have Tuki or LeCover make a 'standard cover' that is tall enough to go over the head, with a handle cut-out in the right place. It would not be an 'exact fit' but would probably work quite well.

Talk to Larry at LeCover or the Tuki guys. They will help you out. I would think just adding a couple inches for the head thing, and including a velcro tie-down strip on the bottom would work nicely.
  3. wcoffey81

wcoffey81

i just bought a peavey firebass head and i am looking into a cover for it. i found a site called http://www.amplifiercovers.com/ who make covers for about anything. they don't list my firebass and i emailed them about it and the next day i had a reply. they let you do your own measurements and they will make a cover for it. i don't know what the other people charge but i thought these were reasonable.

ps
    i am in no way associated with this business i'm just a fellow shopper
  4. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules! Supporting Member

They made two covers for my GK Neo 112s. The work was excellent and shipped quickly. I talked to a woman on the phone who was very helpful before I ordered.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MichaelVee

I dug into this a bit further. I discovered that Genz's website is listing the same dimensions for the original 6.0/12T and the 6.2/12T. If this is the case, then I can grab a 6.0 cover.

Roger or Andy, you out there? Can one of you confirm the identical dimensions?

Note to Ken: the 6.0 combo covers that I've seen have a separate section for the head and mount area, sort of a "dome" on the cab cover. Then there's a cutout for the handle on top.
  7. Norm2704

Norm2704

8. MichaelVee

I'm exchanging emails with Cindy at Custom right now, and will post what she has to say about things.

Still hoping to hear from the Genz guys.
  9. Not yet

Not yet

Had great experience w D2F
  10. bb03

bb03 Supporting Member

11. MichaelVee

I have heard from both Tuki and LeCover that the 6.0/12T covers will fit the 6.2 combo. So the stated identical dimensions on the Genz website for the two combos are correct.
  12. MichaelVee

I did want to follow up in this topic by noting I purchased my 6.2-12T cover from Custom Amp Covers up in Michigan.

It's a medium weight cover and it is more than adequate. Plain black with no logo.