1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

GenzBenz strangeness

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by salcott, Jan 12, 2013.

1. salcott

salcott Supporting Member

I fired up my 6.0 today, and with the inputs both at 12:00 and the master volume off, I was still getting sound. I don't remember it doing this before. I wonder if I should just use it and not worry about it, or if this is the harbinger of amp failure in the middle of a gig.
  2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Can't be. According to several folks here Genz Benz amps never have troubles. It is your imagination.
  3. B-string

Okay, okay. Some models had molex connector by the master volume control that has connection trouble never/sometimes/a lot. Reseat the connector if you find one there.
  4. agedhorse

agedhorse Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Supporting Member

There are a couple of possible causes for this symptom. If you PM me, I'll walk you through a couple of quick troubleshooting steps and get it figured out. No worries, I will help you get this sorted out.
  5. B-string

Thank you for still being around agedhorse!
  6. Mastermold

Mastermold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    FireMelon
    +1 million! :bassist:
  7. salcott

So, I opened it up, wiggled the connectors at each end of the pair leading to the MV, and that seems to have done the trick. Thanks, B-string.
  8. B-string

Your welcome! I would still PM agedhorse as there were some models that they supply a new assembly. Under-sized connector was sighted as the root cause and the replacement prevents a return of the issue. I don't know if this applies to your model, but agedhorse does :)
  9. agedhorse

The connector was probably not fully seated in its socket. I've see a few of these and whole inconvenient is fortunately an easy fix (easier than changing a tube for example)
  10. salcott

Thanks, Andy.
  11. agedhorse

You are most welcome.