1. If you have a confirmed date for your GTG, please create a new event ("Post New Event" button) to get it on the calendar. RSVP system included.

Georgia GTG - (Atlanta area) - feat. MICHAEL MANRING

Discussion in 'Social Events & GTG's [BG]' started by Tat2dHeart, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Tat2dHeart

Tat2dHeart Only two strings away from an attitude problem. Gold Supporting Member

I will be hosting a GTG and house concert at my home in Lawrenceville in May. Performing at the show will be:

MICHAEL MANRING
    YES, YOU READ THAT RIGHT.

Important Details:
    Sunday, 18 May
    Show starts at 6:30 PM
    Doors open at 5:30 PM

I will provide snacks and non-alcoholic beverages. If you'd like to drink responsibly, you may BYOB. We do take up donations at these performances, and 100% of the monies collected go to the artist. Suggested donation is $15.00 per person.

This is going to be a terrific show, so if you'd like to attend, post it here and I'll PM you the detailed info during the week prior to the show. I'd love to see this turn into a standing room only show and I have a really big living room.
  2. Tat2dHeart

Tat2dHeart Only two strings away from an attitude problem. Gold Supporting Member

Also to note for anyone who is in, near, or passing through the Atlanta area, Michael will be conducting a free clinic at Atlanta Bass Gallery. The seating is first come-first served, so get there early. Some private lessons will also be available. For more information on that, contact the guys at Atlanta Bass Gallery.

http://www.atlantabassgallery.com/
    866.745.9924 or 404.745.9924
  3. Dave Siff

Dave Siff Supporting Member

Wow!! Awesome. I'll be there.
  4. FUNKonthewall

FUNKonthewall Nailing The Groove Supporting Member

Count me in!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MrLenny1

MrLenny1 Supporting Member

Mike is always a treat.
  7. Red Planet

Red Planet

Disclosures:
    OEM Manufacturing Supplier
    Cool I may have to get by there.
  8. Tat2dHeart

So - it looks like I have the following:

IN:
    Dave_Siff
    FUNKonthewall

MAYBE:
    Red Planet

MrLenny1 - Are you planning to join us?

Also - since I have some folks who are traveling in for this event, we're going to do a bass GTG/jam in the afternoon prior to the 6:30 show. If you'd like to bring a bass and/or rig and come hang out with us, let me know. I'll open the doors for that at 1:30 PM Sunday afternoon.
  9. Tat2dHeart

Friendly reminder folks - just one week from this weekend - Michael Manring, live and in concert in my living room. Let me know if you'd like in on this awesome event!
  10. Red Planet

Red Planet

Disclosures:
    OEM Manufacturing Supplier
    I want to be there. I have had or should I say everyone else has so many plans for me I do not know what is up or down. Not looking good. What is the deadline for a decision?
  11. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member Supporting Member

I saw Michael Manring at Bass San Diego last year... and he was absolutely astounding... I was awestruck by the music he creates... and a super humble guy.

Without exception... it was the most enjoyable musical event I have ever attended.

Congrats to you for hosting what will be a stunning musical experience...
  12. Tat2dHeart

I'm confirming the chair rentals on Monday, but I always get a few extras, so don't worry about that. Let me know by Saturday, 16 May, if you can. I doubt I'll be on TalkBass during the day on Sunday and I'd hate to miss a message. If you're not sure by Saturday still, I'll go ahead and PM you my contact information just in case there's a last minute decision on Sunday. I'm pretty flexible like that. :)

Thanks! If you're available, you should join us! It's going to be a great day and the more the merrier. :)
  13. bassguy72

bassguy72

Man this is so cool....I've watched his clinic online and he is definitely an original
  14. Passinwind

Passinwind Charlie Escher Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Yep. Michael's a treat in any setting, but a house concert is absolutely the perfect situation to really absorb what he's about. I lucked into an unannounced one a few years ago, the night before a concert venue show in Boise, at the promoter's house. It was just magical. This one's a little too far away for me to get to though, unfortunately. [​IMG]

Hope you all have a blast!
  15. Unprofessional

Unprofessional Supporting Member

Tat,

The stars are coming into alignment and I will be there for Michael Manring. Please PM me when you can.
  16. Tat2dHeart

Okay folks - I've PMed everyone who has said YES or Maybe with the info for the GTG and show. If you would like to attend, but haven't gotten a PM from me, please message me ASAP so I can get you the info. See y'all Sunday!
  17. nutdog

nutdog Supporting Member

Well that was fun. Thanks Tat!
  18. Tat2dHeart

Glad you had fun, nutdog. We all did. Really great to meet you and your family!
  19. Tat2dHeart

20. Unprofessional

Unprofessional Supporting Member

Had a blast at the GTG. I met so many cool people including a bunch of TBers. A big "thank you" to all who let me tinker around on their basses.

Michael Manring is so talented and yet, so humble and unassuming. It was a special thing to get to hear him play in such an intimate setting.

Special thanks to Tat, a genuine force of nature, for hosting and putting the whole thing together. I'm looking forward to the next one.
  21. Tat2dHeart

Glad you were able to make it, G. It was great to meet you and check out your goodies. I know it's a drive for you, but any time you're in town, just let me know and we'll hit Bass Gallery or something while you're here.