1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Georgia GTG (Atlanta/Lawrenceville)

Discussion in 'Social Events & GTG's [BG]' started by Tat2dHeart, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Tat2dHeart

Tat2dHeart Gold Supporting Member

I'll be hosting another GTG at my home on Saturday, May 3.

Things that are firmed up so far:

Concert beginning at 7:00 PM featuring solo bassist and composer, Sean O'Bryan Smith. Opening for Sean will be Jaymi Millard (yes, our very own TB Jaymi) and Darren Michaels.

The concert will be fully solo bass, and it's not unheard of for the before- and after-party to include a good amount of hanging out and jamming together.

We have some other things in the works to make this a full day event and I'll post updates here as they firm up.

Would love to have a houseful for this event!
  2. johnm0187

johnm0187

This sounds awesome!
  3. Tat2dHeart

And it's getting better! Here are some of the new things that are being finalized.....

In addition to the show on Saturday night, we'll be having a bass clinic. That's right - bass clinic!! Jaymi Millard and Sean O'Bryan Smith will be leading this and we'll post more details as they roll in.

We have a great sponsor, as well. V.F. Custom Cables has generously donated some speaker and instrument cables to try out. We'll be raffling those off during event to a couple of lucky winners.

We're continuing to work on more cool stuff, so I hope to see you all out for the day!!
  4. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Jaydee Basses
    and we are going to have a PILE of basses with us for show and tell....There may be some other surprises as well, you never can tell..... Don't miss it!!!!
  5. pnchad

pnchad

recent NE GA transplant so looking to make contacts
  6. Tat2dHeart

February is half over - and we're rapidly working our way to May 3 and a really great GTG.
  7. b_minus

b_minus

Novice players welcome? I'd love to come and meet some folks! I'm not too far away!
  8. Jaymi

Disclosures:
    All players welcome!
  9. Chaza

Chaza

I will stay tuned! Thanks for hosting this.
  10. Tat2dHeart

Bumping this up folks - Don't forget. 3 May at my place just outside Atlanta. Georgia Bassist GTG and house concert featuring solo bassists Sean O'Bryan Smith and Darren Michaels, as well as Jaymi Millard and Jonathan Bradford from Innocent Monday. Come hang with us for the afternoon to ogle everyone's gear and stay for the show that evening.
  11. QuickNasty

QuickNasty

I would love to come to this and learn a thing or two. I'm located in the Lawrenceville area. How does one obtain directions?
  12. Jaymi

Disclosures:
    Malainas will hook you up
  13. Tat2dHeart

Heya Folks!!!

Sorry to do this on short notice, but the 3 May GTG is being postponed to a later date in the summer due to some critical conflicts. I am scheduled to have surgery the Tuesday before the show and I expect to be a bit my under the weather than I'd like to be for guests. Our headliner, Sean O'Bryan Smith also has a couple of tight deadlines in this timeframe that this postponement will assist him in meeting.

Stay tuned here, though, and keep an eye on the GTG thread, since there are more things in the queue at my place and I'll keep updating this.
  14. Jaymi

Disclosures:
    and then we will party!