1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

German bows recommendation

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by marinazaini, Jan 27, 2013.

1. marinazaini

marinazaini

Hi, I am looking for a German bow in the price of 1500-2000USD. Anyone has any advice and recommendation on what bow I should get? I have been looking at these two bows, Steffen Kuhnla's and Thomas martin's brand, claude marchand bow. I really hope to hear your opinions. Thank you. Much appreciated.
  2. Andrew McGregor

Andrew McGregor

Make sure and compare with a CodaBow Infinity or David Gage Metropolitan carbon fiber bow... slightly cheaper, but you might be very surprised.
  3. Arnout

Arnout

I'm searching for my frist bow. Also in this pricerange. I'm very interested in following this post ;)
    Maybe Dörfler bows are an option? I'm going to try some of them in some weeks.
  4. Arnout

Arnout

Oh, sorry, I'm searching for a French bow, read that to late. But you may be interested in Dörfler anyway!
  5. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

6. paulunger

paulunger

Call the Quantum Bass Center in Houston and the Cincinnati Bass Cellar. They have many fantastic bows in your price range and are very fair and honest.
    Whatever bow you purchase, be sure that you take it out on trial before you buy it. Every bow is unique.
    I don't think you should worry about "names" too much. I have bows by lesser known bow makers that are excellent and half the price of more well known makers. And I have played bows by the best makers that were not that good. Any bowmaker will tell you that there is never any guarantee how a piece of wood will turn out.

Good luck.