Getting a Ric...Treble Bezel?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AdamCygnus15, Jan 3, 2013.

1. AdamCygnus15

AdamCygnus15

2. electracoyote

electracoyote

I have not yet used one, but I like the idea. Instead, after removing the pickup cover, I made a small adjustment in my right hand anchor and get along just fine without the treble bezel. I also adopted a more floating plucking hand, something I've been wanting to do for a long time.

But for those who absolutely require or prefer a distinct anchor point, the treble bezel is the ideal solution. There are a few TB'ers who have them installed in several Rics, they should be chiming in soon.
  3. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Some love it ... I am not one of them ...
  4. Kopfjaeger

Kopfjaeger Guest

Big fan.

Sepp

Attached Files:

• 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      212.5 KB
      Views:
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

I've always taken the pup cover off, and left it as is. My last 4003, I left the cover on. No big whoop to adjust to it. But now, I only play the 4004 seies basses, and those are different, (better).
  7. gidbass

gidbass Supporting Member

I recently took my bezel off, and put the original pup cover back on for aesthetic reasons only. It didn't take much adjustment at all to get use to as I play between the bridge and neck pickup now anyways.

Good Luck!
  8. armybass

armybass Roscoe and Bluesman Vintage Basses Gold Supporting Member

I have one with and three without. I like it but don't need it. But if I was going to have the cover off....I would have the bezel. It works great as a thumb rest.
  9. bill reed

bill reed

I don't have a Ric but i do have a Rockinbetter and its also has the cover, I have tried it with and without but like it better with the cover on.
    I changed my cover to a Ric cover as it was more rounded at the ends and felt better when playing.
    also fitted a Ric thum rest, its made for the Ric so no need to change the screw holes.
    really feels nice with the thum rest.
    I do think if your taking off the cover then the bezel fitted looks better.

Attached Files:

10. rockinrayduke

rockinrayduke Supporting Member

Got one on the '79. Love it.
    [​IMG]
  11. msb

msb

A Ric should have a great gaping hole , part of the charm .
  12. electracoyote

electracoyote

Yeah, and that sharp edge on the pickup hardware when you take off the cover. That's rock and roll. ;)
  13. zfunkman

zfunkman

I prefer the Pickgaurdian. The Treble Bezle only fills in the gap of the original Rick "pickup saddle." The Pickguardian replaces it completely and gives your fingers much more room between the pickups and the strings. And you can always put the original back on if you need it go back to vintage.
  14. Calico

Calico

15. paganjack

paganjack

I've got this one too and it makes the Rick about 10 times more comfortable to play. I play with fingers and playing right over the sweet spot is definitely much more comfortable when you have this little bezel on. Worth it IMO. I think it looks just as cool without the pickup cover on, just different.
  16. Addison

Addison This time, I didn't forget the gravy. Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Graphic Designer, Zon Guitars
    I'm thinking about heading this route too... can anyone comment on the pros/cons of the "cove" version, vs. the thumbrest "deluxe" version, vs. the plain jane?

I was thinking of going plain jane, only because I'm CDO and like it when things are symmetrical. :D
  17. RobJ

RobJ Supporting Member

I have the original Treble Bezel on my '86 4003 and like it a lot. Aesthetically it looks like it belongs at least with the black hardware.
  18. Buster Brown

Buster Brown

I have the "deluxe" bezel on my MG Ric and the pick guardian cover on my MD Ric. They both do an excellent job, but in all honesty, I guess for pure athletics, I prefer the Pickguardian model.....

In terms of "functionality" who cares? it's either a plastic cover or a rubbery type cover.

Pretty much becomes a personal choice. Not really like you have to change batteries or anything in them..... :D:D:D
  19. Calico

Calico

I've only ever had the cove, so I can't compare it to the others. All I can say is that I agree with paganjack - it makes it way more comfortable to play. I like how you can bury your thumb in the cove if you want, or just rest it on the rim. It's versatile and comfortable.
  20. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

I have one and I love it! I have the thumbrest version and it makes playing the Ric much easier for me. Cant recommend it enough. It fits perfectly and fills the hole nicely.
  21. AdamCygnus15

AdamCygnus15

Is that the original bridge?