1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Getting familiar with the parametric on a DB 680

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by DrumsAndBass, Jan 14, 2013.

1. DrumsAndBass

DrumsAndBass

I had an "aha" moment when I started turning both bandwidth knobs to to a wide setting (full counter clock-wise) instead of centered 12 noon position. I'm after a round and warm tone. I'm trying to get faster at making tone adjustments on the DB 680 for any given room. Most of the time I simply need one tone from my amp. I'm quite sure this preamp will deliver for me. Who else is using this preamp ??
    Input is welcome.
  2. pedulla1

pedulla1 Supporting Member

Yep I also set mine to a wide Q or bandwidth. Really fattens up the sound and makes it punchy. I also set the bass switch to + for those extended lows on the b-string.