1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Getting into pedal building, anybody need anything?

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by BassManMike73, Sep 6, 2012.

1. BassManMike73

BassManMike73 Supporting Member

Hey everybody! I'm getting into building pedals, and looking into pursuing a career in electrical engineering with a focus on music tech. To get into this, I'm building pedals from kits from different sites, (buildyourownclone, generalguitargadgets, AMZ, geofex, etc) if anybody wants some cool handmade pedals let me kow! I'll build them for the cost of the kit plus shipping. And they'll be finished in a nice powder coated enclosure.

As a side note, I'm not new in circuit building, (been handy with a soldering iron for quite a while :) just new to making pedals.

Edit: I've had several messages from people so far, and am blown away with TB's support for my desire to learn! If anyone would be interested, I've also been working on some original designs for a pedalboard power supply, and different configurations of an effects loop switch. One that's a 6 loop rackmount box with a foot pedal that connects over a midi cable but is all analog. The other is an infinitely expandable foot pedal looper that could have any number of loops, and could have a pedal board power supply built into it.

I can also do mods to pedals, like most of the DL4 mods, converting a TS9 into an 808, etc.
  2. bassteban

bassteban

Can you do repairs? I have a Boss phaser & Dano delay that crapped out. Also some possible rehouse jobs if we can come to an agreeable deal. :cool:
  3. BassManMike73

Rehousing is definitely something I could do! Repairs might still be a bit above my abilities. I would be more than willing to try though!
  4. bassteban

bassteban

Cool- I'll pull my stuff out and get back to you, likely later tonight. Thanks! :cool:
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. HertzWhenIPlay

HertzWhenIPlay Supporting Member

could you clone a himrada audio zendrive?
    my guitarist is looking for a "humble dumble" without shelling out $200...
  7. th30nlyAket

th30nlyAket

can you do simple octave pedal something like the oc 2?
  8. ubergumby

ubergumby

Could you do a compressor, maybe like the MXR M87?
  9. Drop-D

Drop-D Supporting Member

How 'bout a delay? Analog?
  10. bludog

bludog Supporting Member

Since we're just throwing ideas out there... DOD Meatbox clone?
  11. BassManMike73

Hey guys! I really appreciate the enthusiasm, but I'm getting lost in the thread comments, shoot me a PM? I'll respond to these past several real quick...
  12. ubergumby

ubergumby

+1
  13. bassvirtuoso

bassvirtuoso My God, it's full of chrome! Supporting Member

PM'd and money sent! Can't wait!
  14. BassManMike73

That first wave of responses was awesome! Anybody else?
  15. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I'm looking for a clean boost?
  16. BassManMike73

Placed an order today to get the parts to build 3 pedals! As I get going on them I'll post some pics to settle any worries about my soldering skills! :)
  17. RkdJehova

RkdJehova

Subbed. Thinking about it
  18. BassManMike73

Had someone message me about a Zendrive clone. If anyone wants one, it's $120 delivered to you!
  19. mjrabatin

mjrabatin

Hmm, sounds pretty cool. I've been wanting to get a chorus pedal... something like the T Rex Sweeper or even a EHX Clone Theory. How much would something similar to those be?
  20. BassManMike73

Got my first batch of stuff delivered yesterday! Working on a BBE sonic stomp clone for myself, a TS808, and a wooly mammoth. Working on a Guv'nor clone too.

Gonna be out of town all next week, just do anyone who bought a kit from me knows. But as soon as I come back I'm gonna get working on these more.
  21. goldenglory18

goldenglory18 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Your Mom.
    Interested in a A/B amp switch. Is that something available?