1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Getting 'likes' in order to obtain a gig...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jack7jack, Jan 19, 2014.

1. jack7jack

jack7jack

Hey TB!

If you follow this link through to the event page, down in the comments should be a comment from Chris Blake saying 'The Dropper's Neck To Play Takedown', can you just give that post a like? Would mean the absolute world to me! Thanks! ��

https://facebook.com/events/496163333834966?view=permalink&id=496183993832900&__user=643723433

Now, I will say that I don't agree with this at all. How an up and coming UK festival believes getting unsigned bands to obtain 'likes' on a post is the right way to find them an unsigned band to fill a slot I don't know. Anyone else experienced this? If it's the only way to get my band a big festival slot this summer, I suppose I'll have to give it a try!

Thanks to everyone who helps out, if we get the show I'll post how it goes!

2. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD Supporting Member

facebook is the new real life for everyone. liked it, good luck.

3. Huge

Huge Hell is full of musical amateurs. Like me. Supporting Member

Arguably, whoever gets the most likes, has the largest fan base. That's all they care about.

Good luck.