1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Getting that James Jamerson type 'Vintage Tone' - Lesson with Scott Devine

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by devine, Sep 14, 2012.

1. devine

devine Supporting Member

Hey guys, another lesson for ya!

I'm sure you've been in a situation before where the bass your playing might not quite suit the 'vibe' of the song.

You know what I mean... you wish you had a super modern tone for some songs and a vintage tone for others...

This happens to me all the time... and in the heat of battle - theatre pits etc sometimes there's simply not enough time to start swopping basses etc!

Well... In this new lesson I'll show you exactly how I get around this issue with a technique I use ALL the time.

Check it out... http://scottsbasslessons.com/get-the-james-jamerson-vintage-bass-tone

Over and out,

Scott.
  2. Tieiririyi

Tieiririyi

Hi Scott,

Awesome lesson, been trying to find a lesson on this technique.
  3. devine

devine Supporting Member

Ahhh... glad you enjoyed it man!

Scott ;)
  4. benjamin_danger

benjamin_danger

I noticed you used some "sexy notes" in the example. Lol. I dug it.
  5. devine

devine Supporting Member

Lol... Yup... I did ;)

Glad you enjoyed the lesson man!

Scott ;)