1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Getting the Sound from Nothing..

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Veldar, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Veldar

Veldar

Hey guys was wondering if you can help me with getting the sound from the rerelease of Nothing by meshuggah.
    (I probably put this in the wrong forum)

I'm Currently using a active bass w/ pick up, bass, trebile, and volume going in to a B7K and Zoom B3 into a ashdown mini rig.

Cheers, Sam.
  2. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    Umm... Isn't that the one with no bass on it?
  3. Veldar

Veldar

No they recorded bass on it.
  4. BassedInSpace

BassedInSpace

Well first tune down like they do, they use Warwick Dolphin basses I think, most of his tone comes from the way he picks, really strong fast downward picking, you can't play lightly and expect to sound like them.