ghost pickups question .

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by giuseppecaporus, Feb 4, 2014.

1. giuseppecaporus

giuseppecaporus

2. Grissle

Grissle

3. giuseppecaporus

giuseppecaporus

4. Grissle

Grissle

Your Magnetic pickup and the Piezo preamp probably require different value pots, so probably not.

The Pre is designed to allow for a separate volume pot for the Piezo, but the Basic kit doesn't include one I don't believe. But can be added separately.

However nothing's impossible. What bass are you working with?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. giuseppecaporus

giuseppecaporus

A custom project jazz bass project :
    Pickup:
    jazz bass pickup ,
    splitcoil pickup,
    twin jazz bass pickup
    Bridge
    fender Mexico bass bridge with gosth shade ,
    Preamp
    5 way switch (twin coil split) ,
    blend1(split coil/ jazz bass single coil ) ,
    blend2 (5 way/blend1) , blendM(blend2/piezo) ,
    stacked bass/treble,
    Stacked hil mid/low mid
    Volume(push pull onboard n-tune)
    P-tone
    I would prefer blend 1and2 stacked !
    It's a mad project ? Yes but i like it .
    For stacked blend i'll use MEC ones!
  7. giuseppecaporus

giuseppecaporus

I nedd sonething like this for the gost saddle : http://www.fishman.com/products/view/powerchip-1 or find a power jazz bass bridge that are out of production !
  8. JustForSport

JustForSport

I think you still need a piezo buffer before the 'Powerchip' to match impedences.
  9. giuseppecaporus

giuseppecaporus

Thank you can you post the link of what I have to buy ?
  10. JustForSport

JustForSport

From Fishman-
    "Will the Powerchip allow me to blend my Powerbridge and magnetic signals onboard the guitar?
    The answer to this is yes and no. The function of the Powerchip is to buffer the Powerbridge signal to better match up with the magnetic output. This impedance matching allows the Powerbridge and magnetic signals to be mixed to a mono or stereo output depending on the cable used. A mono cable will give you a combined piezo/magnetic signal to the tip of the output jack and a stereo cable will give you the magnetic signal on the tip and the Powerbridge on the ring. The Powerchip is not a blend pot, but a volume pot for the Powerbridge only. To adjust the amount of blended Powerbridge and magnetic signals, the Powerchip and the original magnetic volume controls must both be used."
    So, it seems that the Powerchip is an impedance matching unit (what a buffer does) and also has a trim pot to balance (not a typical balance pot, tho) volumes. Just came across this- it should not need an additional buffer.
    Link for info, 5th subject down:
    http://www.fishman.com/tech-tips