1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

GHS BOOMERS STRINGS WENT FLAT AFTER 2 DAYS.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Mortom27, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Mortom27

Mortom27

Hi everyone, I'm posting this because I didn't find a related thread on this matter, so I just bought (2 days ago) a set of med 45-105 GHS bass boomers for one of my basses (Spector legend custom-4) and they just went flat, I been using this particular brand for a while on this bass and this has never happened before, sure they go flat like after a 6 months period or so but not 2 days after I bought them.
    Is it possible for strings (any kind or brand) to go flat that fast??, anybody can give any thoughts on this?
  2. Salamenster

Salamenster

Could be a dud set. Mail them about it. Most string brands would give you a set or two in return by means of refund/apology.
  3. oboylebass

oboylebass

Exactly why I stopped using GHS. Always went 'dead' after pretty much one gig. There are variables though...sweat, playing style, gig length, etc.

I have found that D'Addario strings seem to go 'dead' more gradually, and sound pretty cool when they're old.
  4. GHS Official

GHS Official

Disclosures:
    Official Online Voice for GHS Strings & Rocktron
    Yeah, two days shouldn't happen especially if you've had other results in the past with the same set.

If you would, PM me your address AND where you bought the strings so I can look into it tomorrow when I'm back in the office.
  5. duff84

duff84 Supporting Member

ive used boomers in the past with great results mine seem to break in after a week or so and keep the tone for a good month or 2 maybe longer depending on tone preference. I personally prefer the precision flats for my fender american Precision V string
  6. Mortom27

Mortom27

thank you GHS OFFICIAL, i just PM you with all the info and
    I'm really surprised about it, i really like how this strings feel, sound and look on my Spector ,
  7. Mortom27

Mortom27

You right it could be a dud set,
  8. Mortom27

Mortom27

Mine usually last about 6-8 months mostly cause I alternate between my other two basses. and im using my 5
    string more now days
  9. Mortom27

Mortom27

Well, finally got new(fresh)GHS strings on my beloved
    Spector legend custom-4, I'm a happy camper.
    Thanks GHS for a great customer service.

Attached Files:

10. Salamenster

Salamenster

Told ya. :smug:
  11. Mortom27

Mortom27

yes you did, :bassist:
  12. GHS Official

GHS Official

Disclosures:
    Nice pics, and we're glad that they're working well for you again!
  13. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

That is rare but happens.
    I have used GHS Boomers for 15 years with no issues at all.
    I did get a set of Rotosounds that were dead. They were contaminated
    and a top New York store would not re-imburse me for them.
  14. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

My last set was a GHS and i really liked them, determined to keep buying them from now on. I have to say, losing zing fast is a plus for me....I hate new strings.
  15. iiipopes

iiipopes

My hand sweat eats nickel. I kill Boomers after one gig. Try Progressives instead. They have more iron and less nickel in the mix, and last a long time for me.
  16. Root 5

Root 5

+1. I like Boomers.
  17. GHS Official

GHS Official

Disclosures:
    I enjoy our Progressives as well.

Other GHS strings that have our "Alloy 52" (nickel-iron) outer wrap are Pressurewound, Brite Flats and Big Core Bass.
  18. agent77

agent77 Tin Foil Hat Wearer Supporting Member

I'm really impressed with GHS Official working (surfing TB) on Christmas day. Makes me feel all the much better for buying Bass Boomers.
  19. GHS Official

GHS Official

Disclosures:
    Aw shucks. :)

I use the TB app on my iPhone to keep dibs on everything during the weekends, and if there's anything that needs my attention, I'll respond if I can.
  20. Medic579

Medic579 Supporting Member

Maybe that GHS official can answer this. I recently bought an83 T-20 that was unplayed for a while. It had a new set of strings in the case. How old are these things. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1388869182.584522.jpg